• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Air Koryo has a Facebook page?
    A thriving one at that

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
      Air Koryo has a Facebook page?
      Quite unbelievable, considering that Internet is hard to come by in North Korea

Comment

I remember disembarking at a remote gate at SGN after arriving on a domestic flight from HPH a couple of years ago, and there was an Air Koryo bird parked next to us. Thinking it was a bit unusual I'll grap a quick snap of it, only for about three or four security staff to come bouncing over yelling 'cannot, cannot'.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          I remember disembarking at a remote gate at SGN after arriving on a domestic flight from HPH a couple of years ago, and there was an Air Koryo bird parked next to us. Thinking it was a bit unusual I'll grap a quick snap of it, only for about three or four security staff to come bouncing over yelling 'cannot, cannot'.
          Did they mean "Cannot take pics of the Air Koryo" or "Cannot take pics on the tarmac!".

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Did they mean "Cannot take pics of the Air Koryo" or "Cannot take pics on the tarmac!".
            I didn't get involved in a chat with them about it but I suspect it was both.

Comment

I am "fortunate" enough to have travelled Air Koryo from Beijing to Pyongyang on one of their aging Tupolevs. Quite an experience I have to say, starting with the rousing military music greeting me on board, to the most bland and horrible food I've ever tasted. Believe it or not, there was no AVOD!!

Unfortunately I was too unprepared to carry a camera on board, however others were taking happy snaps; no one was barred from taking pictures of what they felt like.

I've no doubt the Pyongyang to KL flight will be packed with DPRK diplomats going to Malaysia for a junket; My flight was completely full - all males, all carrying the same briefcase, all wearing the mandatory Kim il-Sung badge.

Comment

Working...
              X