Just a thought..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought..

Hi there. I really enjoy this forum, and I've noticed a few things which bug me:
    • In the menu section, SQ's J is now no longer known as "Raffles Class" right?
    • I've noticed some threads regarding SilkAir in the All About SQ section. SilkAir is a different airline, so it can be in the SQ section or can it also be in the Other Airlines'?
    • Quite a number of TRs have not been completed (or started)
    • My PM funtion doesn't seem to work. When I hit the send button it brings me to the page saying I'm not connected to the internet?

I'm not exactly saying what's right or wrong, just my thought

I will try to answer what I can

Yes you are right SQ has changed the name of J from Raffles to Business. However on SQT the vast majority of the members thought that this was a bad move and so we continue to refer to it as Raffles.

Silk Air is a subsidiary of SQ and really is integrated into SQ basically serving an additional market to SQ. Therefore we do consider it part of SQ and include it in the main SQ forum.

Of course we would like everyone who starts a TR to finish it. However basically TRs are a gift from the writer to us so we have no right to complain if they do not finish it. Ultimately I would rather have half a TR than no TR.

I'll have to leave the PM issue to people with more technical knowledge than me.

Comment

I'll just chime in on the TR point. I'm one of the perpetrators on that front, I'm afraid - but I do have the best of intentions and I will finish it, but real life really has a habit of getting in the way (that, and a lack of discipline on my part to make time to finish writing/uploading photos etc). Quite an effort, and hard to sustain motivation-wise, especially to write something worth reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance711 View Post
        • My PM funtion doesn't seem to work. When I hit the send button it brings me to the page saying I'm not connected to the internet?

I'm not exactly saying what's right or wrong, just my thought
        Hi Terrance, thank you for your post.
        The PM function has been modified to prevent PM Spammers and this function is reserved for users with a certain amount of posts.
        Consequently, you will be able to use PMs once you turned the threshold.
        I agree this is in a certain way annoying, but it has been implemented to jeopardize the spam prevenction.
        Thank you for your understanding.
        Luke
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          I'll just chime in on the TR point. I'm one of the perpetrators on that front, I'm afraid - but I do have the best of intentions and I will finish it, but real life really has a habit of getting in the way (that, and a lack of discipline on my part to make time to finish writing/uploading photos etc). Quite an effort, and hard to sustain motivation-wise, especially to write something worth reading.

post deleted
          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
            At least you start .... I don't even get round to that these days!!
            Start... seem to stop... then start again... then stop... then start...! Just gotta have a 'never give up' mentality.
            Last edited by Kyo; 9 April 2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Start... seem to stop... then start again... then stop... then start...! Just gotta have a 'never give up' mentality.
              Just imagine you are eating your way through the menu at TPR..

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                Just imagine you are eating your way through the menu at TPR..

post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X