Maldives: Where to stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Just a follow-up to say that thanks to the credit crunch, the cost at the W has dropped by $300 per night plus a $100 daily food/beverage/spa credit! So will be staying there next week.
    So how much are you guys paying? I have yet to finish my honeymoon and am still currently on a stopover in Singapore.

Comment

Maldives: Where to stay?

Found this on trendhunter. The 'in ocean' villa concept looks intriguing. Completely detached from land:
      http://www.angsana.com/EN/Properties..._Accommodation

And the decor looks more W than the W Maldives as depicted in your pic. Less wooden features, and more vibrant and glitzy. Bet it'd cost a lot more too.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 March 2011, 04:28 AM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        Found this on trendhunter. The 'in ocean' villa concept looks intriguing. Completely detached from land:
        http://www.angsana.com/EN/Properties..._Accommodation

And the decor looks more W than the W Maldives as depicted in your pic. Bet it'd cost a lot more too.
        Actually, no!

1 June 2011 (3 nights) - 1 villa - 2 adults
        Angsana Velavaru
        Premier InOcean Villa (so one above the basic)
        Early Bird Advantage - Inclusive of Breakfast
        US$1,073/night including taxes

Compared to:

March 2009 (3 nights) - 1 villa - 2 adults
        W Maldives
        Beach Oasis (the basic category)
        US$1,116/night including taxes

Comment

Actually, no!

1 June 2011 (3 nights) - 1 villa - 2 adults
          Angsana Velavaru
          Premier InOcean Villa (so one above the basic)
          Early Bird Advantage - Inclusive of Breakfast
          US$1,073/night including taxes

Compared to:

March 2009 (3 nights) - 1 villa - 2 adults
          W Maldives
          Beach Oasis (the basic category)
          US$1,116/night including taxes
          June is low season isn't it? I noticed the W is significantly cheaper in June/July. I was told to visit Nov-April.
          edit: Beach Oasis at W Maldives is USD950 in June. (rainy season)

edit 2: Just thought I'd create a fresh thread for these posts.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 March 2011, 04:31 AM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

June is low season isn't it? I noticed the W was significantly cheaper in June/July.
            You may be right - spg.com comes up with US$825/night prepaid for a Beach Oasis for the same dates. I don't know how much the non-premier InOcean Villa is but there doesn't seem that much difference between that and the W.

Comment

You may be right - spg.com comes up with US$825/night prepaid for a Beach Oasis for the same dates. I don't know how much the non-premier InOcean Villa is but there doesn't seem that much difference between that and the W.
              Am also pooling together some points for the W which should push down costs a little. And I'd have to stay at the W at least once.

Comment

30,000 to 35,000 SPG points per night ?!?

Oh BTW, this thread can be merged I think:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4385

I still remember the recommendation of Cocoa Island from that thread! Next time...

Comment

30,000 to 35,000 SPG points per night ?!?
                  That reflects the base cost IMO. Maldives is certainly not cheap! As we'll be captive to the hotel's pricing on food and booze (given we'll literally be sitting in the middle of nowhere), we'll probably need to bring along the GDP of a small African nation for incidentals!
                  Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 March 2011, 05:41 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

That reflects the base cost IMO. Maldives is certainly not cheap! As we'll be captive to the hotel's pricing on food and booze (given we'll literally be sitting in the middle of nowhere), we'll probably need to bring along the GDP of a small African nation for incidentals!
                    I have been twice but both times it was all inclusive including the diving which was the most important to me ! If there wouldn't have been diving I would have gone out of my mind after 3 days!

Comment

Working...
                    X