Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas in London - suggestions

Hi all,

I will be flying to LHR mid of december 2017 for work. My last meeting would be on the 23rd of December and I figured I would stay there for Christmas as well. After googling around, seems like London is very quiet around Christmas.

So any suggestions on what to do on the 24th and 25th of December?

Christmas at Kew is worth having a look at, feels very much like Christmas you see in the movies.

Comment

i'll be 'stuck' in London during christmas period too.

if you're religious, maybe you might want to attend a service at St Paul's cathedral? the westminster abbey services are mostly ticketed and already sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by sinequanon88 View Post
        i'll be 'stuck' in London during christmas period too.

if you're religious, maybe you might want to attend a service at St Paul's cathedral? the westminster abbey services are mostly ticketed and already sold out.
        St. Paul Cathedral free for everyone to go there? no ticket needed? I might go there on the morning of 25th if it's possible...

any shops that are still open on the 25th?

Comment

Originally posted by frolic View Post
          any shops that are still open on the 25th?
          None, save for local stores. Public Transport shuts down that day as well.

Comment

Another place to go for the Sunday (24th) and Christmas services would be St Helen's Bishopsgate, if you want to just pop in and have a listen. Its right behind the Gherkin. Lots of warm, friendly people there, some of whom i am acquainted with

Comment

Working...
            X