No announcement yet.

Start of another round of cost-cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the OZ flights cos so many ppl are allergic to PEANUT even the smell of it will trigger the allergic reaction.

Comment

• Just took two flights: SQ242 SYD-SIN and SQ366 SIN-FCO.

A few things were noticeable.

The drink coasters have changed, they now just look like white circles made from plain paper with the SQ logo stamped on it in low quality (and not even in the centre - each one looked random). Looked quite cheap in my opinion.

No satay on either flight.

The menu is no longer in English + Italian. It's now only in English.

Comment

• Originally posted by maestro View Post
        Just took two flights: SQ242 SYD-SIN and SQ366 SIN-FCO.

A few things were noticeable.

The drink coasters have changed, they now just look like white circles made from plain paper with the SQ logo stamped on it in low quality (and not even in the centre - each one looked random). Looked quite cheap in my opinion.

No satay on either flight.

The menu is no longer in English + Italian. It's now only in English.
        I don't see what the issue is with using "cheaper" looking coasters. It doesn't affect the quality of the drink, does it? It's like the people who find that their food tastes and looks better with Villeroy & Boch.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
          I don't see what the issue is with using "cheaper" looking coasters. It doesn't affect the quality of the drink, does it? It's like the people who find that their food tastes and looks better with Villeroy & Boch.
          From the utility point of view, then yes, whatever gets the job done. But SQ isn't in that kind of business. If it wants positions itself as a premium brand then everything has to look the part.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowie View Post
            From the utility point of view, then yes, whatever gets the job done. But SQ isn't in that kind of business. If it wants positions itself as a premium brand then everything has to look the part.
            I totally agree with cowie. There was a time when SQ gave out these white, very cheap looking and poor quality slippers. From an utility point, they served the same purpose but it didn’t reflect well on the image that SQ is known for and trying to maintain.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowie View Post
              Agreed.
              If you pay attention, they got the font wrong as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Menu's have gone from BKK flights now. Not sure how recent this is as I haven't flown a regional flight with them for a few months, or if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but all you get is a double sided leaflet with the food choice a la CGK flights. This of course means they have to explain the wine choices to everyone when they arrive with the trolley rather than pax being able to browse the options first.
                Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                Not only BKK. It is gone from JCL at least on SUB, DPS, RGN and maybe SGN too.
                Originally posted by EWR View Post
                Yeah menus are no more for regional. I still lament this. They should at least give out a card for everyone (and not a slip of paper in JCL). QF BA and KC do that in Y/PEY

(I'm half wishing SQ reads this)
                I can confirm that proper menus are back in JCL on BKK flights (just did a flight yesterday). However, certain sectors are still without menus. The leaflet menu from the previous SIN-DPS sector was still in the literature pocket.

Curious how SQ determines which sectors offer menus as DPS is a slightly longer flight than BKK.
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                  I can confirm that proper menus are back in JCL on BKK flights (just did a flight yesterday). However, certain sectors are still without menus. The leaflet menu from the previous SIN-DPS sector was still in the literature pocket.

Curious how SQ determines which sectors offer menus as DPS is a slightly longer flight than BKK.
                  Could be dependent on which flights have more business pax? Since these customers are usually more demanding, vs leisure travellers. I would assume that BKK has more business traffic than somewhere like DPS.

Comment

• Onboard SQ318 now and it seems that SQ has stopped providing hot towels in Jcl after meal service (the crew confirmed it). Also the pre-departure hot towels seemed to be smaller sized (similar to those in the lav) as well.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Anyone else noticed changes in the bread service? In J and F crew typically continuously make rounds offering the bread basket throughout the meal service.

Recently in F and J SYD-SIN and SIN-DXB bread basket only actively offered prior to main meal. Can request for more, but not actively given.
                      Fly well,
                      Travel safe,
                      And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                        Onboard SQ318 now and it seems that SQ has stopped providing hot towels in Jcl after meal service (the crew confirmed it). Also the pre-departure hot towels seemed to be smaller sized (similar to those in the lav) as well.
                        I noticed that as well during my SIN-BKK-SIN trip a couple of weeks back. Initially, I thought that it was due to time constraints, that they did not have time to provide the towels after our meals, but it seems like its the norm now?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
                          Anyone else noticed changes in the bread service? In J and F crew typically continuously make rounds offering the bread basket throughout the meal service.

Recently in F and J SYD-SIN and SIN-DXB bread basket only actively offered prior to main meal. Can request for more, but not actively given.
                          I had 2 trips last month in J, SIN-BKK vv and SIN-TPE vv. On both flight, I was served one round at the start of the meal service and another round halfway through the meal service.

Comment

• They have removed the salt and pepper sachets from the economy class meal tray.

The full sized Y tray has disappeared, replaced by half sized trays on all flights. The Soba noodles in the Japanese option now come in a small bowl, rather than the black 'plate'.

You no longer get a bread roll/butter when you choose the Japanese option too. Here's a comparison:

2019 NRT-SIN

2018 HND-SIN

Last edited by icn.sg; 5 August 2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                              They have removed the salt and pepper sachets from the economy class meal tray.

The full sized Y tray has disappeared, replaced by half sized trays on all flights. The Soba noodles in the Japanese option now come in a small bowl, rather than the black 'plate'.

You no longer get a bread roll/butter when you choose the Japanese option too. Here's a comparison:

….
                              I have only noticed on rare occasion passengers actually using the salt/pepper sachets. Don't forget how much more sodium airplane food already has.

Is that half sized or 3/4 sized?

Black plate, small bowl, it looks like the quantity of soba hasn't changed?

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                                I have only noticed on rare occasion passengers actually using the salt/pepper sachets. Don't forget how much more sodium airplane food already has.

Is that half sized or 3/4 sized?

Black plate, small bowl, it looks like the quantity of soba hasn't changed?
                                3/4 size. My bad.
                                Soba quantity has changed
                                I use pepper and occasionally salt on my inflight meals, and I have seen a fair number of passengers using it.

Comment

Working...
                                X