No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did note that SQ A350s did hav quite a number of long technical delays n disruptions since its introduction 2 years ago and we still see some tech delays on the A350s.

Comment

• That isn't uncommon for a brand new aircraft type.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
        Did note that SQ A350s did hav quite a number of long technical delays n disruptions since its introduction 2 years ago and we still see some tech delays on the A350s.
        Even iphones have teething issues with every first batch and subsequent ios updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
          Even iphones have teething issues with every first batch and subsequent ios updates.
          That's true but it seems to be happening more with the Airbus fleet as opposed to the Boeing fleet

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            That's true but it seems to be happening more with the Airbus fleet as opposed to the Boeing fleet
            Well it so happens that SQ has only newer Airbus aircraft until the upcoming 787-10. Just google 787 teething problems and a bunch pop up. Just this month there was talk about LATAM and Air New Zealand grounding their 787s due to Trent 1000 engine problems. I do think the 777s are incredibly efficient and probably one of the best in terms of reliability but to compare a mature 20 year design to new A350 would be comparing apples to oranges.
            https://airlinerwatch.com/latam-chil...s-dreamliners/
            Last edited by hviswanathan; 15 February 2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• The recent AB and Boeing woes are more due to the engine manufacturers rather than the airframe itself. Initial B777-300ER when it was first launched also have its problems then with the GE engines.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                The recent AB and Boeing woes are more due to the engine manufacturers rather than the airframe itself. Initial B777-300ER when it was first launched also have its problems then with the GE engines.
                True enough on the A320NEO and B737MAX. The initial issues on the B787 weren’t engine related but there are some now. The A350 issues are mostly cabin equipment and aircraft related.
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                  Well it so happens that SQ has only newer Airbus aircraft until the upcoming 787-10. Just google 787 teething problems and a bunch pop up. Just this month there was talk about LATAM and Air New Zealand grounding their 787s due to Trent 1000 engine problems. I do think the 777s are incredibly efficient and probably one of the best in terms of reliability but to compare a mature 20 year design to new A350 would be comparing apples to oranges.
                  https://airlinerwatch.com/latam-chil...s-dreamliners/
                  5 years ago I remember when the first 787's had a battery problem forcing airlines to ground their entire fleet (Referencing ANA for instance). Of course, after that, I never heard of any further problems occurring.

Comment

[...] Of course, after that, I never heard of any further problems occurring.
                    Living in a bubble must awesome. Just because you haven’t heard or seen anything...
                    /Desert Traveller

Comment

5 years ago I remember when the first 787's had a battery problem forcing airlines to ground their entire fleet (Referencing ANA for instance). Of course, after that, I never heard of any further problems occurring.
                      My point is you cannot compare reliability of a 777 to an A350. One has been designed 20 years ago and is a mature aircraft while the other only has been around for a couple of years. If you can compare reliability statistics from 777 in its first 2 years to the A350, then perhaps the comparison is valid.

Want to clarify, I like both Boeing and Airbus. Just think the broad statement of Airbus having more problems than Boeing isn't an accurate statement unless backed by research across carriers other than just SQ
                      Last edited by hviswanathan; 15 February 2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                        Just think the broad statement of Airbus having more problems than Boeing isn't an accurate statement
                        Couldn't agree more. If this was true airlines (who know a lot more than us) wouldn't be buying Airbus.

All new technology has teething problems. I work in IT and whilst it isn't the same industry as aviation we face the same issues with new technology.

Comment

• SQ318 to LHR has been delayed almost 4 hours. iCargo indicates that it had changed equipment 3 times and is using SWE off SQ1. I hope it wasn't a mechanical issue on the last one that ended up forcing SWE to be used (Initially supposed to use SWW, then SWD). ETA is now 10:51PM (Close to 11PM arrival).

Also, SQ494 got delayed as well, I wonder if it's around the same reason, change of equipment. Initially supposed to use SWE off SQ1 but using SWY off SQ212, but that got delayed almost an hour.
                          Last edited by SQfanatic; 17 February 2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• SQ346|21FEB (SIN-ZRH) had a delay in departure from 1.30am to 9.50am, due to a technical issue on ground. The flight has since departed, and is operated by 9V-SKE, an A380 with J and Y on the Upper Deck.
                            Last edited by SQ-77W; 22 February 2018, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
                              SQ346|21FEB (SIN-ZRH) had a delay in departure from 1.30am to 9.50am, due to a technical issue on ground. The flight has since departed, and is operated by 9V-SKE, an A380 with J and PEY on the Upper Deck.
                              Seems like the original aircraft (9V-SKS) and 9V-SKE suffered technical issues separately, which explains the massive delay, considering 9V-SKE had arrived on-time from Shanghai and had been on the ground for a few hours prior to SQ346's STD.
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQ241 to SYD got delayed 4 hours. initially would have used the aircraft off SQ218 (SWD) but is using the aircraft off SQ7 (SWO). ETA for 241 is expected only at 9PM. However, SQ211 (Operated by SWH) did depart on time and is scheduled to arrive on time (Departed before 241).

It looks like SQ211 will turn back as SQ242 having an ETA close to 3AM and SQ241 will turn back as SQ212 tomorrow morning SYD time given the SYD cerfew as discussed before in this thread.
                                Last edited by SQfanatic; 22 February 2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X