Clear All

Very nice report as usual, yflyer!

Comment

Originally posted by schumaster View Post
      Very nice report as usual, yflyer!
      Thanks, schumaster!

Comment

Nice TR as always!

As you went via DXB, I am reminded of the comparison I keep making between the W Barcelona and the Burj al Arab. Both being sail-shaped hotels located next to a beach (although the W is far more affordable for me).

And it was good you avoided EK432. Not only is it a 777, it may have been more crowded as it continues to BNE from SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
          Nice TR as always!
          Thanks, SQGamespeed!

As you went via DXB, I am reminded of the comparison I keep making between the W Barcelona and the Burj al Arab. Both being sail-shaped hotels located next to a beach (although the W is far more affordable for me).
          Yes, I did notice the similarity between the two buildings as well. I've always treated the W as the mid point of my runs (I usually run from wherever I am along the beach to the W, then loop round from there). I've never gone inside though, not even to the lobby.

I am sure it is a great place to stay. I've only stayed at one W property, in Kowloon, which blew me away (The rooms are amazing there).

And it was good you avoided EK432. Not only is it a 777, it may have been more crowded as it continues to BNE from SIN.
          I am still mildly traumatized from my flight in a middle seat on a 10-abreast EK 777 between Dubai and Kuwait. Just a 1 hour 20 min hop, but uncomfortable enough for me to make a resolution never to fly this equipment again if I can help it. And to think EK uses this equipment on some long haul routes, like SFO-DXB

Comment

Thanks for the report.

I was just in the QF lounge earlier this month. I prefer the food in the EK lounge, but I think the QF lounge has fabulous service.

Interesting plateless concept. Somehow it makes the breakfast look more high class.

I've never liked Emirates in Y because of the 3-4-3 config. I don't like the A380 simply because it is too big.

Comment

Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
              Thanks for the report.

I was just in the QF lounge earlier this month. I prefer the food in the EK lounge, but I think the QF lounge has fabulous service.
              Thanks, dfs24! I quite like the food in the EK lounge too...very broad selection. Too bad they don't have a full bar like the QF lounge.

Interesting plateless concept. Somehow it makes the breakfast look more high class.
              I like the plateless concept too. I think their Y main courses are now bigger because of the added space available, after moving to this plateless concept.

I've never liked Emirates in Y because of the 3-4-3 config. I don't like the A380 simply because it is too big.
              I avoid EK's 777's but I find the A380's fine...lots of people to move in and out of the plane, but the cabin itself is usually pretty comfortable, even when full. But if all else was equal, between a 10-abreast A380 and an 8-abreast 787 (Looks like it is only JAL that does it 2-4-2 now), I agree that the smaller 787 would be preferable.

Comment

Very cool report. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

As a sidenote, I brought the family to Europe last year and we flew with Emirates, in Economy.

Here are some flight report videos I made.

Emirates A380 Singapore to Dubai to London, with a Shake Shack burger in between.
                http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogsp...-dubai-to.html

Emirates Rome to Dubai to Colombo to Singapore, plus a short overnight at the Dubai airport transit hotel. Yeah, Colombo for the re-fuelling stop.
                http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogsp...singapore.html

Comment

Working...
                X