[SIN T2]SATS Premier Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN T2]SATS Premier Lounge

Last month, in August 2018, Mrs yflyer and I visited the SATS Premier Lounge in Changi T2 prior to our flight UA38 to Los Angeles.

This was the designated lounge for eligible UA FF pax travelling Y. I am Star Gold, and could also have used the Krisflyer Gold Lounge in T2, but decided to check out the SATS Premier Lounge instead. Star Gold members can guest 1 pax into the lounge.

This is a newish lounge, with a large seating area decorated with orchids. It was busy that morning, but not too crowded.

There is a dining area with both hot and cold, Asian and International, breakfast selections.

Small counter-style seating area and several small dining tables.

Decent self service wine and liquor selection...

Last edited by yflyer; 1 September 2018, 03:42 PM.

Some of the food available that morning...

Salads and sandwiches...

Hot selections...

A good selection of Singaporean breakfast favourites...

Chye tow kway...

Nasi lemak...

And best of all...Nyonya laksa...

The laksa was quite delicious!

Comment

There are several work cubicles in the lounge...

2 massage chairs...

The lounge has an attached restroom, and more importantly, several shower stalls as well.

I was flying United that day. I felt that the SATS Premier Lounge was a notch up from the United Club lounges in US airports, which are available to Star Gold pax travelling Y. Compared to United Clubs, the SATS lounge had a better catering selection, and also of showers (I did not see showers in the United Club lounges in SFO or LAX). That said, the United Club lounges usually have a full bar (With a full paid beverage menu + a limited selection of complimentary alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages), which is a nice feature to have in a lounge.

Overall, I thought this was a good lounge, with pleasant ambience and good catering.

Comment

The laksa at this lounge is superb. I sometimes visit the lounge for a bowl of laksa before heading to the KF lounge nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
          The laksa at this lounge is superb. I sometimes visit the lounge for a bowl of laksa before heading to the KF lounge nearby.
          What a great idea. Yes the laksa is pretty good there!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            What a great idea. Yes the laksa is pretty good there!
            I usually do that for morning flights. Laksa over the dry eggs florentine anytime.

Comment

It's still ridiculous that SATS had inside toilet and showers whilst the KF lounge has nothing, even at T3. This is the better/only solution for those *G Y fliers needing a shower.

Edit: No that might not be right. *G maybe don't have automatic rights, some airline only.
              Last edited by scooby5; 9 September 2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

This was at Terminal 3.
                No laksa, but mee soto.

Comment

Working...
                X