X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankfurt 10 hours layover, need help

Dear All

I will be flying from Berlin (TXL) to Frankfurt (FRA) to SIN via Lufthansa

my Berlin to Frankfurt is 9am flight...means I will arrive Frankfurt ard 10am.

my next connecting flight to Singapore is 9.45pm . so which means I have around 10 hours to spend. I will have my bag tag all the way from berlin to Singapore

is it possible to get out from airport when I reach Frankfurt from Berlin ?

if possible, what is the place to drop by at Frankfurt city for nice food and some quick shopping ?? As this is my first trip to Germany

hope all sifu out there can give me some advice.

thank you

It is indeed extremely possible.

I've done it in 3 hours before, so you can easily do it also

Comment

kyo.....any nice restaurant to recommend or some shopping places ??

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...439#post138439

Try this link...

Comment

Are you flying First ? If yes, are you aware of the Avis/LH offer for First travelers ? Renting of a Porsche 911 for 3 hours/150kms for 100 EUR... ?

Comment

Hi, sirgoldencircle! As Kyo has mentioned, the city centre is quite close to the airport, so you have ample time to head to the city to look around before heading back to the airport.

If you happen to be a runner/jogger, it is a very pleasant run from FRA to the city centre, first through a forest area (along a road/track) then along the river to the city, a distance of about 13km.

I did this run one afternoon in Frankfurt, during the last World Cup, while in transit in FRA. Took me less than 90 min to jog from FRA to the city centre, where I then ate dinner at an outdoor restaurant in the city, watched part of a World Cup match, before catching a taxi back to the hotel (I stayed for one night at a transit hotel at FRA, the Hilton Garden Inn) later that evening.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...4215&page=2#25

Before I did the run, I googled it, and drew inspiration and much of the route from this other blog (I have no affiliation to this blogger, but I found his route advice quite useful):

http://bellybuttonwindow.com/2010/jo...port_city.html

Comment

Kyo.......5 hours u did so much things !!!!

Durian........I wish to be in first, but I am taking Premium Economy...hehe

Yflyer.........sounds interesting as I am a jogger BUT...I am with my wife...so priority for her still "shopping".....LOL

* Anyone out there with LH A380 premium economy review ????

Comment

I had almost the exact same layover. Jump on the train and head in to town. It's a great place!
                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                X