No announcement yet.

CX newly renovated F lounge (the Wing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX newly renovated F lounge (the Wing)

CX has revealed the newly renovated F lounge at the Wing today ... will snap some pictures and post them here when I have a chance to try it out tomorrow ... meanwhile, some pictures are in this report ...

Happy Chinese New Year everyone !

http://www.ausbt.com.au/first-look-p...n=home-flipper
    When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Thanks for posting. It's finally done. Looking forward to being a regular visitor here.

Comment

In addition, Cathay Pacific to open new 'The Bridge' lounge at Hong Kong Airport.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...n=home-flipper

Comment

Got my invite to check out the new Wing First Class Lounge the other day, so will go and check it out on my next flight through, looks good going by the photos.

Comment

I had the chance to visit the new F lounge @ the Wing the day after its official opening … on the way to KL for CNY … I think the place is nicely done up, with luxurious furniture and classy settings … however as a flagship lounge I can’t say I am wow-ed by the place the way QF F lounge in Sydney has managed … in particular I feel the a la carte menu can be expanded … given time, I hope CX can continuously fine-tune and expand the service offerings at the new F lounge … will let the pictures do the talking

Immediately after passing the reception (which is now just a small counter at the entrance), the guest will be greeted by this elegant Champagne bar … I really like the homey feeling of this place

According to the lounge manager, CX will introduce and rotate more types of champagne

Next up is the magazines/ newspapers area … four CX signature Solus chairs are located here. I would imagine there will be no peace seating at this area due to the constant traffic … As for the Solus Chair here, the colour of the leather (dark red) and the back panel (glossy black) are exclusive to this F lounge

A big seating area is next … with leather sofa and Solus chairs … there is a Haven Bar located at the edge of this area, serving all sorts of cocktails, alcohols and drinks

View from the back

The lounge has a great and very expansive view of Gates 1 to 4 area and the actions in the taxiway/ runway … one can routinely see airplanes taking off from the lounge if the adjacent runway is used (which in my experience is very often)

There is a small working area (there may be others but I didn’t venture around too much due to limited time)

The place in the lounge most visitors will be looking forward to is no doubt, the sit down restaurant which is named the Haven … compared to the pre-renovated Haven, the new restaurant has vastly more seats, a more classier feel (but still somehow feel a bit like an up-scale canteen) … the Haven has a buffet area, but a la cart service is also available

View to the buffet area

View from the buffet area

Last edited by Flyerfly; 9 February 2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Buffet area

A la carte menu today … the offering is quite poor IMO

My plate

From the a la carte menu, I ordered the “Chinese country pot”, which is a traditional delicacy for Chinese New Year in Hong Kong ..

Thanks for viewing … and Happy Chinese New Year … have a healthy, happy and prosperous Year of Snake … Gong Hei Fatt Choi !!

Comment

Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post
              Immediately after passing the reception (which is now just a small counter at the entrance), the guest will be greeted by this elegant Champagne bar … I really like the homey feeling of this place

According to the lounge manager, CX will introduce and rotate more types of champagne

I was in this place this morning for a shower and breakfast at The Haven and agree it's very nice.

I have to say though that I didn't see the Champagne Bar, which is not like me....

Comment

post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                  First time flying Cathay soon --- I have BAEC gold --- do I get access to the Wing (travelling Y class)?
                  Thanks
                  It does.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    It does.
                    post deleted
                    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I am in The Wing now and while The Haven has reopened I can't see what they have changed ?!.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I am in The Wing now and while The Haven has reopened I can't see what they have changed ?!.
                        Finding myself in here again now I decided to ask what they've done, and apparently they have basically 'changed the roof and some lights'.

I can't see any difference so for all I know they haven't done anything!. Strikes me as a bit strange to close it just to do that but I am sure they know what they are doing...

Comment

Working...
                        X