DBS Asia Treasures T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBS Asia Treasures T2

I didn't see a thread about this lounge, so I thought I'd start one.

DBS Asia Treasures lounge is an alternative to the airline lounges if you're a DBS Asia Treasures customer. It's a small lounge and there is one in t2 and one in t3. Although it's small, it's also quite empty most of the time because most people prefer to go to the SIA lounge when they can due to it being more spacious.

Don't let the size deceive you though, it's actually a very cozy facility. There is a chef onhand during mealtimes who will prepare food for you fresh. The facility at T3 has a DVD and book library, as well as a nice view of the T3 concourse. The T2 facility has a sort of mini spa room and if i'm not wrong spa treatments are available. Both of course have full banking facilities and are useful if you need to do last minute transactions before flying off. I'm told that the exchange rate offered there is the best you'll find in the whole airport.

The photos below are from the T2 lounge, I've been to the T3 lounge as well but unfortunately didn't take any photos really worth uploading. Will do it next time.

Service in the lounge is top notch, and very discreet.

Entrance is only possible with a DBS Asia Treasures card, though last time I was there I did notice a very young man getting in. I thought this strange and sure enough a few minutes later a staff approached him and asked to see his card again. He obliged and then they asked is this card yours? He said no it's my fathers. They said ok sir this card is not transferrable, next time we cannot allow you in.

I thought that was pretty classy of them not giving him the bum's rush, especially since the lounge was more or less empty. Heh. SIA would have called airport security.

Thanks for this - always been very curious to see what was behind those doors.

I especially love the fat floating white figure-statue in the foyer entrance at T3. Always makes me chuckle. Are guests allowed in?

I also think this is one of the most underutilised lounges in Changi, both terminals and always thought it was a gross waste of money on DBS's part. But I guess if I was in Treasures I'd feel differently.

Comment

yes they're quite nice about the guest policy too, probably because it's underutilised. By right you can only bring in one guest but i've never seen them turn away anyone. When my family goes all 4 of us get in by virtue of my father being an Asia Treasures member.

heh if you were a dbs shareholder you'd probably think it was a waste of money, but when you're inside somehow you feel different.

what i like is that there is no need to actually fly in order to access the lounge, so long as you remain an asia treasure private banking member you retain membership (it's renewed on a yearly basis). So i take comfort in knowing that when they finally cut my father from Solitaire due to his company cutting back on business travel there'll still be somewhere we can go.

I didn't get a photo of the food area, must remember to do it next time because their roti prata in particular is excellent. They also mix smoothies and hard drinks for those who want. There is a free limo service provided upon your return if you make arrangements with the concierge. All in all a very nice setup. And the staff are nowhere near as scary as SQs.

Comment

Originally posted by mad max View Post
        ........so long as you remain an asia treasure private banking member you retain membership (it's renewed on a yearly basis)......
        What's the secret criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          What's the secret criteria?
          Not much actually.
          What is the qualifying criteria to join DBS Treasures?

The minimum qualifying criteria is to maintain more than S$200,000 asset under management with DBS Bank. Assets include deposits and investments.
          http://www.dbs.com.sg/treasures/sg/b...s/default.aspx

Comment

Do note the 200K excludes CFP-linked investments

Comment

AFAIK, DBS Asia Treasures is a different product from DBS Treasures.
              The above criteria is for DBS Treasures, whereas for the Asia Treasures it is much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                AFAIK, DBS Asia Treasures is a different product from DBS Treasures.
                The above criteria is for DBS Treasures, whereas for the Asia Treasures it is much higher.
                Darn it, I was just a few dollars away from the criteria.

I always thought that they were one and the same.

Comment

Asia Treasures qualification criteria is to keep USD $1 million of assets under management with DBS. This is opposed to normal treasures which is SGD$200k.

Comment

I wouldn't dare put even $100,000 with DBS at the moment.

Some of the monkeys I've encountered... scary!

Comment

Working...
                    X