"What about oneworld" and other fav quotes from the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What about oneworld" and other fav quotes from the road

Pax: [incredulously] You mean I cannot come into this lounge with this card??

Lounge agent (outside SIN SKL T2): No sir.

Pax: What about oneworld?? I have oneworld!!

Welcome to North...(paused)...

Once everyone was onboard still early one Sunday morning not too long ago, the purser of DL 281 announced this to the pax:

"Welcome to North...(paused with giggle)...Welcome to Delta everyone!"

Comment

Written about this elsewhere on the board:

Flight Attendant: Would you like the Chicken or Beef?

Me: Chicken please

Flight Attendant: I'm sorry ma'am, I've only got one left and I'm keeping it in case someone wants it........

Comment

Pax (onboard): There are some empty seats in First Class. Can you upgrade me? I'm a [Northwest] Silver.

FA: How about if there still are empty seats after we've finished boarding, I'll check the upgrade list and let you know.

[Pax waits for the FA to look away and makes his way back up to F, sits down in an empty seat, takes out his Silver card, puts it on the armrest/tiny drink table, and begins to tap it incessantly.

A woman boards, looks at her boarding pass to verify the seat assignment.]

Woman Pax: I believe that's my seat.

Pax: I'm Silver.

Woman Pax: I paid $2000 for that seat. Now get your ass out of it!

HUGE AL

Comment

onboard CX418....

Flight Attendant: ....our journey to Seoul today will be 3 hours and 35 minutes...

Passenger 41A: presses call bell

Flight Attendant: Can I get you anything, Sir?

Passenger 41A: Nobody told me this flight goes via Seoul. What time will we be landing in Incheon?!

Comment

Loving this thread already...

Comment

Actual event : When I was working at a downtown Corporate travel agency...

Me: Hello?

Client : Hello... can you please change my seat. I don't like where I'm sitting...

Me Checking computer and then : Er, Sir, according to the reservation, you should be in the middle of your flight right now.

Client : Yes I know. I'm on board right now and calling you on the inflight phone and I see the seat across from me that's empty and I want you to change it for me.

Me : Wouldn't it be easier for you to just get up (from your fat a** - no I didn't say that) and just change seats?

Client : Oh? I can do that?

===========
              He's also the client that only wants to sit where the sun doesn't shine.. so you can imagine everytime when I book his flights for him.. I have to see where he's going and at what time the sun is on which side of the plane.. !

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                onboard CX418....

Flight Attendant: ....our journey to Seoul today will be 3 hours and 35 minutes...

Passenger 41A: presses call bell

Flight Attendant: Can I get you anything, Sir?

Passenger 41A: Nobody told me this flight goes via Seoul. What time will we be landing in Incheon?!
                One better ....

Flight was on SQ, passenger asks cabin crew (sometime in 2005 I think) - as reported to me by fellow FA:

Passenger after learning it was FA's first time to NY: So are you excited to be going to Manhatten?

SQ Girl : We're not going to Manhatten, sir, we're going to New York !

Comment

You have to wonder where some people went to school....... or if they did at all. Unlike our Architect friend, with this type of thread I lose the will to live (or give myself a bonus for knowing how to get dressed in the morning).

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                    Actual event : When I was working at a downtown Corporate travel agency...

Me: Hello?

Client : Hello... can you please change my seat. I don't like where I'm sitting...

Me Checking computer (clickity clickity clack) and then : Com pu der says No....

hahha... words underlined added by me, remebering the scene from "Come Fly With Me"....
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                      hahha... words underlined added by me, remebering the scene from "Come Fly With Me"....
                      Actually reminded of another passenger who called a co-worker inflight to complain about the rubbery beef that he just had for a meal.

Comment

Many moons ago...

Me: (making small talk with my friend's date) We are going on holiday in Bali next week...

Ms. SQG: Oh cool. That's in Indonesia right? Are you flying on Gadura (sic)?

Me: No, SQ...

Ms. SQG: But SQ doesn't fly to Bali. I'm a cabin crew.

Me: Ummm, ever flown to Denpasar?

Ms. SQG: Yep we do fly to Denpasar, but not Bali... <pause> Oh wait... <penny drops> Ahhh you mean Bali is in Denpasar riiiiggghhhttt?? <giggles>

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          Pax (onboard): There are some empty seats in First Class. Can you upgrade me? I'm a [Northwest] Silver.

FA: How about if there still are empty seats after we've finished boarding, I'll check the upgrade list and let you know.

[Pax waits for the FA to look away and makes his way back up to F, sits down in an empty seat, takes out his Silver card, puts it on the armrest/tiny drink table, and begins to tap it incessantly.

A woman boards, looks at her boarding pass to verify the seat assignment.]

Woman Pax: I believe that's my seat.

Pax: I'm Silver.

Woman Pax: I paid $2000 for that seat. Now get your ass out of it!

I wonder if this is the same guy I saw at LAX T5 many moons ago when NW was still NW and no one could have mistaken it for DL.....

While waiting for our delayed MSP bound NW flight that evening closed to the gate counter, I saw a man rushed over to the gate agent and shouted this:

Man Pax: I am a Silver member for Northwest and I demand you explain why the plane was late tonight.

Gate Agent: The plane left MSP late, sir.

Man Pax: (replied back in a very loud manner) That's not a very good excuse. I am a Silver (and he did pull out his silver card) so I deserve better and I want you to upgrade me.

Gate Agent: (quite furious at that time) Well, that's not a very good status so you can't yell at me like that and I can't upgrade you.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post

Gate Agent: (quite furious at that time) Well, that's not a very good status so you can't yell at me like that and I can't upgrade you.

Comment

I've a friend that used to work as check in for American Airlines in Toronto. She said that the ruder the passenger is at check in, the more likely she'll 'accidentally' send his/her baggage to Bermuda when he's going to LA !

Comment

Working...
                              X