JFK-FRA-SIN Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFK-FRA-SIN Future

What is the future with this route? I have heard things such as a big time aircraft upgrade to the route to being pulled all together...I personally think it should be kept as it gives Star Alliance members an opportunity to try SQ w/o flying to SIN. I am actually flying this route in Business in Mid June myself and am hoping it stays afloat at least but would love an aircraft upgraded of the A380 or 777

There are plenty of other routes that don't go to SIN.

Comment

I have taken Singapore Airlines so many times but I've never been to SIN

funny, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUDan130 View Post
        I personally think it should be kept as it gives Star Alliance members an opportunity to try SQ w/o flying to SIN.
        I don't think that is as high on SQ's list as it is on yours.

Comment

What is the future with this route? I have heard things such as a big time aircraft upgrade to the route to being pulled all together...I personally think it should be kept as it gives Star Alliance members an opportunity to try SQ w/o flying to SIN. I am actually flying this route in Business in Mid June myself and am hoping it stays afloat at least but would love an aircraft upgraded of the A380 or 777
          SIN-JFK is of interest to me because a lot of Singaporeans I know have kids studying on the East Coast.

A summary of discussions I've picked up online:

SQ25/26, the one you are interested in..

SIN-FRA goes A380. FRA-JFK gets dropped. Fly LH between FRA-JFK.

SIN-FRA-JFK goes 77W. Best outcome for me.

Other possibilities:

SIN-HKG-JFK. Needs HK approval. CX objects.

SIN-NRT-JFK. Either on NH metal all the way or SQ/NH combo. Code share SIN-NRT-JFK on NH already exists. Tried it. Nice flight.

Hope this helps..

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

SQ25/26, the one you are interested in..

SIN-FRA goes A380. FRA-JFK gets dropped. Fly LH between FRA-JFK.

SIN-FRA-JFK goes 77W. Best outcome for me.
            Both possible and considered.

Other possibilities:

SIN-HKG-JFK. Needs HK approval. CX objects.

SIN-NRT-JFK. Either on NH metal all the way or SQ/NH combo. Code share SIN-NRT-JFK on NH already exists. Tried it. Nice flight.

Hope this helps..
            Not a chance I'm afraid.

Comment

According to the Singapore Airlines Wikipedia page all the 747's will be taken out by March 2010. So that 1 thing has to happen that FRA-SIN has to be a A380 or 77W. The other certainty is that JFK-FRA will have the afformentioned upgrade or be fazed out completely. What do you think will happen?

Comment

According to the Singapore Airlines Wikipedia page all the 747's will be taken out by March 2010...
                That information is out of date.

Comment

Why would anyone listen to Wikipedia when all the accurate info is here!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Without this service We would be back to the bad old days where passengers wanting to go on Singapore Airlines would have to go to LAX or SFO on some American Domestic Carrier and connect from there onto Singapore making for a two stop trip in many cases or be forced to fly with some European Airline of terrible standard

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                      Without this service We would be back to the bad old days where passengers wanting to go on Singapore Airlines would have to go to LAX or SFO on some American Domestic Carrier and connect from there onto Singapore making for a two stop trip in many cases or be forced to fly with some European Airline of terrible standard
                      Not necessarily.

You can fly SIN-NRT-JFK on NH metal even now.
                      767 between SIN-NRT
                      77W between NRT-JFK (SQ5916)

SQ has a code share on this flight.

I've flown it. This is what I plan to do if SQ25/26 stops at FRA.
                      Last edited by 9V-SIA; 30 October 2009, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        Not necessarily.

You can fly SIN-NRT-JFK on NH metal even now.
                        767 between SIN-NRT
                        77W between NRT-JFK (SQ5916)

SQ has a code share on this flight.

I've flown it. This is what I plan to do if SQ25/26 stops at FRA.
                        Would SQ do that (drop FRA-JFK)? No direct flight between SIN and NYC in Y and F classes

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                          Would SQ do that (drop FRA-JFK)? No direct flight between SIN and NYC in Y and F classes
                          If the loads don't support it - why not? Why continue to lose money in the long run?

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                            SQ is a profit making business, not a tool of Singapore government as some assert, they will serve a route as long as it is profitable.

Comment

I truly hope the FRA-JFK continues as it is my main hope of keeping PPS now I'm based in Germany! Nothing like being selfish.

Our company uses SQ quite a bit for this leg as it is cheaper than LH - and better, but a German might not say that.

Comment

Working...
                              X