Suggestion: Separating Out the TR Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Separating Out the TR Section

Since we appear to have a lot of whY flyers now, perhaps we could segment the TR section to be "Premium Cabins" and "whY" or F/C/Y

Just a thought since recently, the TRs haven't been specific and you don't know until you click on it.
    HUGE AL

Thanks for the Huge idea. - there'd be one or two issues, for example, having a multiple class trip. Anyway, the boys will talk it over and they'll get back to you soon

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Thanks for the Huge idea. - there'd be one or two issues, for example, having a multiple class trip. Anyway, the boys will talk it over and they'll get back to you soon

Hey, like the section says: it was just a suggestion...nothing more...
      HUGE AL

Comment

It isn't just trip reports that cover different legs in premium and economy. There is also the question about premium economy, and the various interpretations of whether or not it is classed as a separate cabin or just a slightly better portion of economy. (Then there is some so-called business class which is really premium economy - jetstar star class for example.) Not insurmountable. Just some more things to think about if the forum gets subdivided.

Comment

Why not just have a policy of having the thread title specify the class on each leg, e,g, MEL-SIN (SQ F) SIN-BKK (FD Y) BKK-HKG (EK J)

or something like that
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

sqdazz: I'm being cheeky but what if the trip actually doesn't involve a plane route... or more importantly, a traditional plane route like a charter trip etc..?

I propose one for Huge Class and the rest... hang on, what are those other classes we speak of?

Seriously though, I think the TR section has only *so many* active threads at any one time that the ones in the forefront receive sufficient exposure while the remainder can be Google site-searched easily... don't see a need to segregate as it would be quite tricky to implement.

Comment

I'm not sure I see the pressing need for the separation...

HUGE AL may only be interested in premium cabin TRs, but it doesn't hurt for the old boy to see "photos" of Y cabins to know how some of the rest of us travel (sometimes)...

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                Since we appear to have a lot of whY flyers now...
                We've always been around, sir, but just silently eating our cake.

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                  Why not just have a policy of having the thread title specify the class on each leg, e,g, MEL-SIN (SQ F) SIN-BKK (FD Y) BKK-HKG (EK J)

or something like that
                  Thank you all for your suggestion.
                  I would like to add my personal opinion.

I like sqdazz's suggestion. It seems to me a very efficient solution.

Eventually, we could also set up a sort of prefix for TR. In example:
                  • [F]
                  • [C]
                  • [Y+]
                  • [Y]
                  • [Charter]
                  • [Mixed Classes]
                  • [Miscellaneous]

Anyway, this option doesn't solve some of the points mentioned by Kiwi.
                  Just an idea...
                  There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                  If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

My preference is to continue to give the TR writer the power to highlight the cabin as he or she sees fit. I like seeing playful TR titles as in stargold's; the cabin details are better in the subtitle than in the title in those instances.

Besides, there are trips where the flight experience isn't the highlight for the TR writer. Creating that level of formalism in the title is, IMHO, not necessary. I think it's perfectly OK not to emphasize the flight if the writer does not intend to.
                    Last edited by jjpb3; 24 July 2009, 10:25 PM.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      I'm not sure I see the pressing need for the separation...

HUGE AL may only be interested in premium cabin TRs, but it doesn't hurt for the old boy to see "photos" of Y cabins to know how some of the rest of us travel (sometimes)...
                      +1

I do get annoyed though when people don't finish their TRs.
                      Last edited by 9V-SIA; 24 July 2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        +1

I do get annoyed though when people don't finish their TRs.
                        oops, guilty of this myself, ive been meaning to finish the one i started, but for some reason didnt. better get onto it
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                          oops, guilty of this myself, ive been meaning to finish the one i started, but for some reason didnt. better get onto it

Don't sweat the small stuff like tend to do!

Comment

HUGE's suggestion would not work when some of us fly a rojak mix of budget, J and F in the same trip. E.g. some of us in LHR might fly budget or Y to connect to a F/J long haul in zone 2, then continue with a series of Y/budget flights within a continent, etc.

Always interesting to read about different classes of travel and always fun to try different classes on different airlines.

sqdazz's suggestion is great. But I think the TR author should be given a choice of listing the class or not.

Comment

Sorry HUGE AL , I actually like it the way it is...
                              This way there is a little bit of mystery before you click on the thread... (is it R? F? C? Y?.... the suspense ).

Comment

Working...
                              X