• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A350ULR to EWR from 11/Oct

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/com...pore-to-return

Comment

• Hi 9V-JKL,

Just to let you know, that link doesn't seem to work.

Regards!

Comment

• Once the 359ULR gets delivered, I wonder if they'll send them on training routes at all, such as CGK or KUL like they did with the A345's. It doesn't hint about that at all so far but because this is a ULR, the configuration is different that's why I asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          Once the 359ULR gets delivered, I wonder if they'll send them on training routes at all, such as CGK or KUL like they did with the A345's. It doesn't hint about that at all so far but because this is a ULR, the configuration is different that's why I asked.
          Fingers crossed for CGK!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
            Fingers crossed for CGK!!
            If provided there is a good timegap between the longhauls. If they start with 2 ULR, then surely, the plane returning as SQ21 will likely do SQ22 since timings wise that only requires 2 aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              If provided there is a good timegap between the longhauls. If they start with 2 ULR, then surely, the plane returning as SQ21 will likely do SQ22 since timings wise that only requires 2 aircraft.
              SQ21 will arrive in SIN on 5:15PM and SQ22 will depart on 12:40AM, that's a 7 hours and 25 minutes gap, enough for one CGK/KUL rotation, most likely CGK as they have higher premium demand. But again it depends on SQ whether to do this rotation or put the plane on a rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
                SQ21 will arrive in SIN on 5:15PM and SQ22 will depart on 12:40AM, that's a 7 hours and 25 minutes gap, enough for one CGK/KUL rotation, most likely CGK as they have higher premium demand. But again it depends on SQ whether to do this rotation or put the plane on a rest.
                SQ966/967 could work because that is the last appropriate timegap it would work between longhauls. Beyond that, I think KUL would work best time appropriate wise.

Comment

• I see no need for crew training with the A350 ULR.

The J product and PEY product is identical to the long haul A350. The aircraft cabin systems will be the same. Yes, the galleys and seats will have a different layout, but we didn't see "crew training" when 9V-SKL went into service.

SQ aren't going to move passengers onto other flights and upgrade the rest to use these planes for regional flights. Any use of the ULR cabin configuration on such routes would be uneconomical. They are not going to devalue these planes by doing so either.

Crew training has only been a focus recently due to the complete new introduction of the A350 and B787 aircraft type as well as all new products, but on that count, we didn't see 9V-SKU head to KUL, now, did we?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    I see no need for crew training with the A350 ULR.
                    If it were up to me, the longer the flight, the more need for training there must be because there are more things likely to go wrong... and less room for error. Anyway, I'm sure we will find out soon. The A345s were on the SIN-CGK route previously too, so I definitely think there's a possibility for this to happen.

Comment

• Bloomberg: How Airbus Can Afford to Make Just Seven Ultra Long-Haul Jets

A good Bloomberg article on the production changes required to manufacture the A350-900WXB ULR for Singapore Airlines.

Business
                      How Airbus Can Afford to Make Just Seven Ultra Long-Haul Jets

Singapore is the only buyer of an A350 that can fly 10,000 miles to New York nonstop. But that’s no big deal, Airbus says.

1 June 2018

https://trib.al/v7IIKgt

Comment

• With a total of 161 seats, in terms of pax load and weight would be the lowest seat count of the A350s, and that makes up for the additional fuel that the ULR can carry and fly for close to 20 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                          A good Bloomberg article on the production changes required to manufacture the A350-900WXB ULR for Singapore Airlines.

Business
                          How Airbus Can Afford to Make Just Seven Ultra Long-Haul Jets

Singapore is the only buyer of an A350 that can fly 10,000 miles to New York nonstop. But that’s no big deal, Airbus says.

1 June 2018

https://trib.al/v7IIKgt
                          Since it is a tiny bit of modification, perhaps Singapore Airlines should have ordered a few more ULR plane fitted with standard Long haul cabin so that existing SIN-SFO and SIN-LAX flight could be flown without payload restriction. I don’t see a huge premium economy or business demand on some of the North American routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            If it were up to me, the longer the flight, the more need for training there must be because there are more things likely to go wrong... and less room for error. Anyway, I'm sure we will find out soon. The A345s were on the SIN-CGK route previously too, so I definitely think there's a possibility for this to happen.

When they were running the A345, I understood from sources that the crew had to undergo arctic training in the off-chance that the plane had to land (can't used c-word here) within the Arctic circle.

I'll need to find out if the ULR's ETOPS will allow the plane to fly over the pole during those periods where the tail winds are not favourable.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              When they were running the A345, I understood from sources that the crew had to undergo arctic training in the off-chance that the plane had to land (can't used c-word here) within the Arctic circle.

I'll need to find out if the ULR's ETOPS will allow the plane to fly over the pole during those periods where the tail winds are not favourable.
                              Never heard of arctic training but it sure sounds interesting! I very much doubt the kebayas would suffice, nor even their winter gear...

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                                Since it is a tiny bit of modification, perhaps Singapore Airlines should have ordered a few more ULR plane fitted with standard Long haul cabin so that existing SIN-SFO and SIN-LAX flight could be flown without payload restriction. I don’t see a huge premium economy or business demand on some of the North American routes.
                                I don't think that the full ULR spec of the A350 will required for SIN-SFO and SIN-LAX to be flown nonstop without payload restrictions, since the ULR spec further bumps up the fuel capacity to 165,000 litres from 141,000. A higher gross weight A359 - 280t in this case - would most likely suffice. There would also be greater flexibility with 280t A359s, since SQ can send these aircraft to shorter A350 routes without the need for conversion.

Still, I do see the need for the A359ULR in the SQ fleet for high-premium North America routes, as well as for those not within the range of the normal A359.
                                Last edited by SQ957; 1 June 2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X