Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ32 SIN-SFO Non-stop on SIA's A350-900WXB, Comparing 1-stop vs Non-stop, & SF Dining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    SQ's 787-10 going to operate to Delhi? Great news! From what date?
    28/Oct 18 to 30/Mar 19
    SQ402/401 combo

Comment

SQ's 787-10 going to operate to Delhi? Great news! From what date? I didn't know that. Right now it is either A380 or 772, I go to Delhi quite often...next time, if 787-10 service starts by then, I will get myself onto that flight to check it out
      According to routesonline, it will occur from the start of the NW18/19 schedule, end of October.

Source: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...craft-changes/

I'm pretty happy too. Our plans have somewhat changed in such a way we are planning to go to DEL and come back from either MAA or TRV. I'd love to give the 787-10 a try, but connecting from SQ1, SQ406 would make logical sense connection-wise. Had it been the reverse (initially planned), SQ401 would arrive 15 minutes to the departure time of SQ2 which would not be ideal connection-wise. Note: This is not finalized, we're almost there, it's still in the rough phase

I hope one day I'll fly on a 787-10 to or from India; crossing my fingers one day it'll be on the MAA route at least.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        28/Oct 18 to 30/Mar 19
        SQ402/401 combo
        Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        According to routesonline, it will occur from the start of the NW18/19 schedule, end of October.

Source: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...craft-changes/
        Thanks for the info, 9V-JKL and SQfanatic!

Comment

Thanks for the info, 9V-JKL and SQfanatic!
          Sure thing yflyer. Also, I take back the comment I had said, as we had decided to move things slowly. We are 100% sure we will be flying SQ, but there is a high chance we will also fly the 787-10 from SIN-DEL while going, even if it means having a long layover in SIN after SQ1 (It's ideal time and price-wise and my mom and I prefer SQ1 rather than SQ31). The reason is also we're planning to travel to Varanasi by a local flight upon arrival into DEL which is why SQ402 makes sense. In other words, I can take SQ406, but the problem is the ability to connect to a Varanasi flight after that, as there are no flights after 6PM I believe. We thought of staying in a transit hotel in DEL initially but it would be a mere headache to just take the baggages for checking in to the transit hotel there, which is why we're more likely than not doing a longer layover in SIN and staying at the T3 transit hotel there itself.

It's still happening in November, though nothing's booked just yet.
          Last edited by SQfanatic; 12 September 2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X