Miles Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EWR View Post
    How did you know you were last on the wait list for that booking? I was exactly asking the agent that but he couldn't tell me. My only clue was that waitlist option closed after I made the booking. I have no idea whether I took 2 of only 2 waitlisted seats, or I was the 9th and 10th in a list of 10. Makes me wonder also what the ratio between demand and supply exactly is for all these KF premium awards
    It was quite close to departure (within 1 month). Revenue tickets were sold out and saver and standard redemption were unavailable at first, so once it becomes available, I just presumed I am the last, which would not help the cause with just 1 or 2 in front and a full cabin (say we expect at most 2 cancellations/no-shows?)

Comment

So it appears that SQ will now be flying to CPT daily from late (28?) March 2018. My wait list for July still hasn't cleared and all additional dates around the date I am currently waitlisted for remain standard redemptions only (from Thursday to Saturday; my waitlist is for the Friday). Quite counter intuitively, I don't suppose having the daily CPT option would make it easier for me - since it means all those original SIN-JNB-SIN flights will only get busier with a new tagon to CPT..?

Comment

So it appears that SQ will now be flying to CPT daily from late (28?) March 2018. My wait list for July still hasn't cleared and all additional dates around the date I am currently waitlisted for remain standard redemptions only (from Thursday to Saturday; my waitlist is for the Friday). Quite counter intuitively, I don't suppose having the daily CPT option would make it easier for me - since it means all those original SIN-JNB-SIN flights will only get busier with a new tagon to CPT..?
        Jfyi I waitlisted myself on HKG-SIN-JNB in J Saver on Thursday, the first HKG-SIN sector cleared a few hours later in the day followed by SIN-JNB the next day. I think you will just need to wait till you get closer to the date of travel - though with high level of uncertainty - I have had wait lists in the past for over 6 months that never cleared eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by GR1 View Post
          Jfyi I waitlisted myself on HKG-SIN-JNB in J Saver on Thursday, the first HKG-SIN sector cleared a few hours later in the day followed by SIN-JNB the next day. I think you will just need to wait till you get closer to the date of travel - though with high level of uncertainty - I have had wait lists in the past for over 6 months that never cleared eventually.
          Thanks GR1. I am not banking on it. It's a Friday departure and if it clears I'm already overseas. A little of a hassle to make calls, get hotels, apply for leave etc. I'm already ticketed to fly Wednesday. I'm inclined to just take whatever it is before I get on the first sector, which is 12 days before the wait listed flight
          Last edited by EWR; 17 February 2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I checked the seat maps for both my ticketed flight and the waitlisted one, by making a phony revenue booking. Strangely, the flight I'm ticketed on looks half full, while the one I am waitlisting for is completely empty. I know this may not be a good indication in economy, but for business? Everyone should select their seats right? Even stranger, it's possible to waitlist saver tickets for the flight I am already ticketed on, whereas saver option is unavailable for the (empty) flight I am currently waitlisted on. Should I call them (this is four months down the road)? :S

Btw, a very happy CNY if you happen to read this over the weekend

Comment

I checked the seat maps for both my ticketed flight and the waitlisted one, by making a phony revenue booking. Strangely, the flight I'm ticketed on looks half full, while the one I am waitlisting for is completely empty. I know this may not be a good indication in economy, but for business? Everyone should select their seats right? Even stranger, it's possible to waitlist saver tickets for the flight I am already ticketed on, whereas saver option is unavailable for the (empty) flight I am currently waitlisted on. Should I call them (this is four months down the road)? :S

Btw, a very happy CNY if you happen to read this over the weekend
              Thanks EWR, I was actually in JNB itself on the date of your post, just got back to China today. Sorry I forgot to mention that I had waitlisted the flights just a week prior to departure.

It indeed is very strange and very hard to predict - however there is no harm in calling up now and trying, you never know it might just work out. Otherwise do call them up once more a week or so before your first sector.

Jfyi, I returned on CX J on their 77W - very pleasant and comfortable flight - If there is any option for you to fly out of HKG and reedem Asia Miles - you may want to try this out as an alternative.

Comment

Hi

How does waitlist works for J class? Because previous times I book those with seats available.

We have change our destination for family holiday to Melbourne (SIN-MEL-SIN) so now I am trying to book 4 J class Seats (2 adults 2 kids) for June 2018 but only a few dates are available with limited flight timing. Also dates we have in mind all the flights to n fro are all waitlist. Any idea how should I go about to secure these waitlist seats?

If worst scenario I have to book dates which not so favorable (beggars can’t be choser). But I like to try to book dates in mind so kids won’t miss their lesson.

Thank you.

Comment

SIN - MEL - SIN is the route that I've seen they are being one of the most generous in award space. I was able to book 4 J tickets for Dec holidays when they just opened for redemption. Even today, the SIN - MEL still has space available for immediate confirmation (after 4 tickets already booked).

I'm also waitlisting a 5th ticket for a friend who would like to join us. Not sure of the chances, but I like my chances on my not so favorable dates (ie mid week).

Comment

I check in early January for June dates almost all dates n flight timings are available. But from mid feb most dates n flight time are on waitlist.

So if I chose those dates on waitlist, will my points be deducted while I wait for confirmation? Normally if both sectors select waitlist, how soon will we be notify confirm seats?

Comment

The only advice I can give is that MEL is very busy June to August in general. A lot of families head overseas for extended holidays and they plan them well in advance. Sounds like someone snapped up those places you were seeing in January. Earlier June will probably be easier. Late June all states commence school holidays and a lot of the prestigious schools take three weeks off.

Comment

Originally posted by GR1 View Post
                        Thanks EWR, I was actually in JNB itself on the date of your post, just got back to China today. Sorry I forgot to mention that I had waitlisted the flights just a week prior to departure.

It indeed is very strange and very hard to predict - however there is no harm in calling up now and trying, you never know it might just work out. Otherwise do call them up once more a week or so before your first sector.

Jfyi, I returned on CX J on their 77W - very pleasant and comfortable flight - If there is any option for you to fly out of HKG and reedem Asia Miles - you may want to try this out as an alternative.
                        Thanks. I have tried two dozen times, if not 5 million, calling them now and then to check on availability but they wouldn't budge. New flights have been added to JNB and CPT, but the situation seems oddly the same. We are now 3+ months away from the trip. Should I call them some more, or just wait a week before the first sector? My sense is after we leave SIN, it would just be a hassle to chase anymore, and even to change flights since we will be in the middle of nowhere in Africa on some days...

CX is an option, with a bit of miles transferring. But then I have ticketed with SQ for a not as favourable return date

Comment

Originally posted by rtan17 View Post
                          I check in early January for June dates almost all dates n flight timings are available. But from mid feb most dates n flight time are on waitlist.

So if I chose those dates on waitlist, will my points be deducted while I wait for confirmation? Normally if both sectors select waitlist, how soon will we be notify confirm seats?
                          Your points won't be deducted if it's on waitlist.
                          For waitlist, there is no time frame on when they will confirm those seats, also depends on status (although they claim it does not depends on it). Can be as fast as 2 hours to days before your intended flight.

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
                            Your points won't be deducted if it's on waitlist.
                            For waitlist, there is no time frame on when they will confirm those seats, also depends on status (although they claim it does not depends on it). Can be as fast as 2 hours to days before your intended flight.
                            Indeed, there's no time frame for waitlist at all. Although I booked (waitlisted) my ticket almost 10'months in advance, I still haven't received confirmation after 6 months. I call them periodically but get the same meaningless response "We can send a chaser but we need to remind we can't guarantee anything".
                            Needless to say I'm a lowly blue member.

Comment

Well I gotta try my luck on waitlist or just grab those readily available

Comment

Originally posted by rtan17 View Post
                                Well I gotta try my luck on waitlist or just grab those readily available
                                If your dates are on those very peak periods, example Xmas Week, it will be tough.
                                Some people that hunt for those seats, especially Suites/First would have booked them the moment the window opens 330 days before the flight. For less popular routes or flight they will be a little more generous, such as red eye flights or older planes

Comment

Working...
                                X