Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Qantas Frequent Flyer

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html

The most drastic change will be the addition of a second tier to the loyalty program, to be known as Anyseat, which opens up all seats on Qantas and Jetstar flights.

The new tier aims to remove a bottleneck preventing many frequent flyers booking tickets when they want to fly. But they will pay more for the option and they will not know how much more until they try to book.

Other changes will include the ability to pay for taxes and charges using frequent flyer points as well as more easily use a mix of cash and points to pay for flights.

The airline estimates a return flight from Sydney to London costing 128,000 points in the Classic system will cost about 200,000 points when roughly $700 in taxes and charges are factored in.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Interesting.
    Based on what they said, I've no idea whether this enhancement is good or not for QFF members.
    Then there is the option to stay with the 'classic' system or join this new 'Anyseat' system.....hope they will communicate more details soon.
    Thanks for this, Keith !
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Don't think you'd be forced to move off into either of the 2 systems. I think all it means is if you can't find that elusive seat under the existing system on routes like SYD-LAX, you can now choose to pay more points using Anytime.

But it does potentially allow them to restrict availability on the Classic system and force people to burn more points using Anytime. Who knows.

I'm glad speculation about 'enhancements' to status levels (including removal of lifetime silver and gold) has turned out to be largely unfounded.

Could be some time before they release more details - anytime (pardon the pun) between now and July 1.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

BAEC introduced an unofficial enhancement like Anyseat earlier this year - twice the miles required IIRC.

Comment

All in all, quite a reasonable enhancement to QFF. I hope it is the only one for now and the near future.
          (Scraping lifetime silver/gold ? Oh no please don't ever do that - it's one of my long term goals - something I think is achievable, unlike Lifetime Solitaire PPS !)
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Changes have been unveiled via a survey emailed out to (some?) QFFers. Just in case you've not received the email, a screen capture of the page detailing the changes has been posted on AFF (post 7):
            http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...vey-13655.html

A Cash and Points system has been introduced for Any Seat awards, but nowhere near as good value as the bmi dc system. Point levels fluctuate according to demand, and there's a minimum amount of points you have to pay for the AS awards. The less points you pays, the more cash is required and vice versa. A max of 510 907 points and min of 120k points + A$3620 has been quoted for a SYD-SIN return in J for full points under the AS system.

The AS system will be offered in addition to the existing "Classic" system.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 23 June 2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

As expected - rubbish value. The any seat $ requirement in the examples given is often about the same as you can buy a ticket (thus valuing points at near zero).

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                Based on what they said, I've no idea whether this enhancement is good or not for QFF members.
                Not sure i know any airline that would actually make things better for fliers at their own expense.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                  Not sure i know any airline that would actually make things better for fliers at their own expense.
                  And bearing in mind which FFP we're talking about here, one of the industry's worst for earn/burn IMO (albeit - pretty good with status and associated benefits).

Comment

Interesting thread here on the most expensive QFF award using the Anytime system:

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...qff-13723.html

Qantas Frequent Flyer... the Spirit of Extortion...

Comment

Working...
                    X