Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your SQTalk name : how did it come about ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine came from a certain Nintendo game I was hooked on in previous years... 50 points to those who guess correct! (tip: it wasn't on the old Krisworld)

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
      mine came from a certain Nintendo game I was hooked on in previous years... 50 points to those who guess correct! (tip: it wasn't on the old Krisworld)
      50 Points as in? (give us another hint)
      BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
        50 PPS sectors or 50K KF Miles?
        Great fox was the mothership in the Star Fox game series. This is a very very old game (early 80s??, 84 or something), I was maybe a few years old when it first came out.

Comment

Star fox is not that old of a game if I am thinking what you are thinking. It was one of the first games of Super Nintendo or Super Famicon II. Where you were playing as Fox McCloud and your partners in crime fighting were Falco Lombardi, Peppy Hare and Slippy Toad

Comment

Mine, I got the SQ011 part from a flight that I took three years ago, from LAX-NRT-SIN, and that was my first flight with SIA
            "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Mine? Well its pretty self-explanatory. I love SQ and forever she will be my favorite way to travel.
              Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by impresta View Post
                Star fox is not that old of a game if I am thinking what you are thinking. It was one of the first games of Super Nintendo or Super Famicon II. Where you were playing as Fox McCloud and your partners in crime fighting were Falco Lombardi, Peppy Hare and Slippy Toad
                Yeah, that's the game. Guess my memory is failing me.
                I actually remembered playing it on Atari before it came out on nintendo.

Comment

there was a game on atari sharing the same name as the Nintendo game, but has nothing else in common, Star Fox came out in 1993 and used the superFX chip to get 3D graphics on a SNES! but my one came from the second game on N64, Star Fox 64, or as it is known in Australia, Lylat Wars. OK, nerd switch off now, I'm afraid I can only give 50 KF points no way I will ever be PPS anytime soon!

Comment

I love my Boeing's & as the 747-400ER is very rare that is what I use. Plus QF are the only commercial operator.

Comment

I'm based in Singapore, so quite self-explanatory really!!

Comment

Bloob.... was originally spelt BlooB and pronounced as Bloo-Bee

It is short for Blue Beetle, my childhood hero (kind of a bumbling hero, hilarious) from The Electric Company, an off-shoot from Sesame Street, for older kids and I loved every episode.

Trivia - all my computers and PDA are named with Beetle. My fastest computer is called MondoBeetle, the other PC is called BigBeetle, my laptop MobileBeetle, my smartphone TinyBeetle.

I'm just a sentimental fella.

Comment

I came up with this nick when I created an account at a German airliner community. When I came to SQTalk I simply took it with me.
                          Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                            ...how they got their SQTalk names/handles
                            hang on. i'll go ask my mum & dad...
                            "First to Fly" the Airbus A380.
                            www.FirstToFly.net

Comment

Originally posted by iangoodwin View Post
                              hang on. i'll go ask my mum & dad...
                              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment