Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Semi-Pictorial TR) Ending an Absence from SQ and Spending a Long(ish) Weekend in SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with HUGE AL - IMO, Oriental applies to vases and carpets but not people. HR here at work classified me as Oriental a while ago and I got them to change that.

Comment

Good TR, jjpb3. As eloquent as ever.

One day, we need to do a calorie busting heart-killer breakfast. There's this nice place in Chinatown where you can get the kaya toast then followed by maybe two soft boiled eggs with a dash of soya sauce. Maybe after that a bowl of laksa and to finish with a nice proper coffee served with a thick rim cup.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        jjpb3, thanks for the update.

Would you have any pictures of the special meals? If not, could you please describe the food in words? I have never had a special meal before and I might actually consider one next time I fly on SQ.
        Sorry, phaleesy, my memory is hazy. And it isn't because of over-consumption of alcohol.

For the Indian vegetarian, I remember there was a biryani-type rice dish; a chana dish; and an Indian dessert. But beyond that ...

The 'Oriental' option was a chicken stir-fry with steamed rice. Not as flavorful as the main dishes I've had, but perfectly adequate.

The main thing is, I didn't have any regrets about not ordering from the main menu. That counts for something, no?
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          One day, we need to do a calorie busting heart-killer breakfast. There's this nice place in Chinatown where you can get the kaya toast then followed by maybe two soft boiled eggs with a dash of soya sauce. Maybe after that a bowl of laksa and to finish with a nice proper coffee served with a thick rim cup.
          You're on.

Just to clarify: as long as it's not in the UK. Heart-killer breakfasts there really would cause me to drop dead.
          Last edited by jjpb3; 2 July 2008, 05:41 AM.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
          X