Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Asia's First, Shining Through" on PR C (SIN-CGK-SIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    I've learnt a lot from your TR.
    1. PR flies SIN-CGK
    2. Nice lounge at Changi
    3. A320 has seat back monitor unlike MI
    4. The food looks more appetizing than MI / SQ regional
    5. Is Choice Seat their "paid preferred seat" in Y?

Thanks for sharing
    Hmm...the Y class seats dont come with PTV unfortunately. Agree that the food looks more appetizing and fresher than SQ reg. Don't compare with MI please...cos out of 10 flights with MI, 9 times the food was just not edible to me

Yup, Choice Seats are PR's "paid preferred seats" and offer bigger legroom. Emex rows are Choice Seats too apparently

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Thanks for the TR. Happy to know that PR is that good.

Priced a dummy booking on their webby. Its US$411 RT in C..
      Some advice: try to make the booking from travel search engine like zuji and compare the prices with PR website. My ticket was only SGD486 (bought thru zuji.com) when SQ Y was priced at SGD488 during CNY period! It's a no brainer right?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by diecastdrool View Post
        Some advice: try to make the booking from travel search engine like zuji and compare the prices with PR website. My ticket was only SGD486 (bought thru zuji.com) when SQ Y was priced at SGD488 during CNY period! It's a no brainer right?

Cheers
        You are absolutely right, diecastdrool!! Out of curiosity, i have checked my routine twice a year flight SYD/FUK in C. Whilst PR offers AUD7,000, local TA website's offer starts from AUD3,000 for the same flight Just made me wonder what kind of game PR is trying to play

Comment

Originally posted by sushiinSYD View Post
          You are absolutely right, diecastdrool!! Out of curiosity, i have checked my routine twice a year flight SYD/FUK in C. Whilst PR offers AUD7,000, local TA website's offer starts from AUD3,000 for the same flight Just made me wonder what kind of game PR is trying to play
          Actually PR does offer discounted tickets too...but you have to log in between 12 midnight and 7 am everyday. The fare is quite attractive then. I dont know where you're based in, but the time of 12midnight to 7am is our SG/Philippines time. Happy hunting

Comment

Wow...great report. When did PR start this service to Jakarta. I used to live in Singapore many years ago and through the nature of my job had many interactions with their cabin crews. They were a friendly and warm lot.
            Now with GA going up the ladder and PR also into the game where will MH stay in the pecking order?

Comment

Not quite sure how long PR has been serving SIN-CGK vv but it's been a while...at least 3-4 years from my memory.

Now with GA going up the ladder and PR also into the game where will MH stay in the pecking order?
              Hmmm...u mean SQ or MH? MH doesnt serve SIN-CGK sector

Comment

Thanks for this report

Originally posted by diecastdrool View Post
                Hmmm...u mean SQ or MH? MH doesnt serve SIN-CGK sector
                probably he means KUL-CGK which is only slightly longer than SIN-CGK.

Comment

No I mean all over South East Asia, Asia etc. No longer competitive across the board I would say.

Comment

thanks for a great TR. I've flown a couple of times on PR to Manila. found the FAs very warm and hospitable.

heard they're mounting flights to more points in the US (JFK, ORD & SEA) so looking to try them on some transpac flights soon =)

Comment

Maraming salamat/thanks so much for the wonderful TR!

Anyone remember the PR Cloud 9 print ads from the late 70s/early 80s?

And Pinoy cuisine is masarap/delicious! Both the chicken and beef stew (Tagalog: apritadang manok & mechadong baka) main courses on the menu are classics of Filipino cuisine, with these two dishes specifically derived from Spanish cuisine with many contemporary culinary counterparts in the kitchens of Latin America.

I think I will have to do a regional PR flight or two this year
                      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                        And Pinoy cuisine is masarap/delicious! Both the chicken and beef stew (Tagalog: apritadang manok & mechadong baka) main courses on the menu are classics of Filipino cuisine, with these two dishes specifically derived from Spanish cuisine with many contemporary culinary counterparts in the kitchens of Latin America.
                        A Pinoy food cognoscente. Galing! (Kaldereta is another stew favorite of mine.)
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          Kaldereta [/I]is another stew favorite of mine.)
                          Yes!!! Kaldereta!

Do you prefer kalderetang baka or kalding?

Comment

Yes!!! Kaldereta!

Do you prefer kalderetang baka or kalding?
                            Kambing, definitely. But I can't bring myself to cook it. Miss it thoroughly, though. They tend to go with baka or mutton in London (Germany, fuhgeddaboudit.)

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              Kambing, definitely. But I can't bring myself to cook it. Miss it thoroughly
                              I will make it for you at the next SQT Potluck!

Yes, kalderatang kambing (I'm so used to saying the Ilokano word "kalding" )

OT: I find it interesting that both caldereta (Spain) and caldereida (Portugal) started out as fish stews, but ended up becoming goat stews in the Phillipines (kaldereta) and Timor Leste (kaldereida) respectively!

Comment

Yes, kalderatang kambing (I'm so used to saying the Ilokano word "kalding" )
                                Thought so. All the more credit for your street cred. Aah, Ilocano food. I take it you're also a pinakbet fan?
                                I will make it for you at the next SQT Potluck! ...
                                OT: I find it interesting that both caldereta (Spain) and caldereida (Portugal) started out as fish stews, but ended up becoming goat stews in the Phillipines (kaldereta) and Timor Leste (kaldereida) respectively!
                                Your cosmopolitanism really amazes and humbles me.

In recognition, I do intend to collect on your promise to cook up some kalderetang kambing. I will twist SQfg's arm to accompany me. I know she appreciates Pinoy food as much as I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X