[SIN] SIN SQ Lounge Access & Overnight Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    Does the J ticket holder have *G status? If not, it's up to the dragon lady to decide.
    Even if they have *G there is no right to bring guest (flying Y) unless PPS. Because the SKL is not a *G lounge, and it is *G status that allows the guest.

Comment

is the TG lounge at T1 a considerable option?
      I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        Even if they have *G there is no right to bring guest (flying Y) unless PPS. Because the SKL is not a *G lounge, and it is *G status that allows the guest.
        Not sure which SKL KC* was referring too.

Only SIN & KUL SKLs aren't *G lounges.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          Not sure which SKL KC* was referring too.

Only SIN & KUL SKLs aren't *G lounges.
          Umm... This is SIN SQ Lounge Access & Overnight Question thread.
          So, it's gotta be SIN SKL.

Comment

Sorry I assumed SIN because of the thread title. Obviously doesn't apply at other SKLs, not that there are many left nowadays.

Comment

Oops... sorry for missing all the replies.

Yes, I was referring to SIN SKLs.

But being a real newbie to this forum, I am rather lost at the terminologies and categories. What is F, C, *G etc?

I usually just head to the lounge that I am directed to (usu travel biz class and never first) and that's that. Never knew that there were different categories.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                But being a real newbie to this forum, I am rather lost at the terminologies and categories. What is F, C, *G etc?
                From the posts below yours:

BP - boarding pass
                J or C - both describe business class
                Y - economy class
                *G - Star Alliance Gold status
                Dragon lady - a slightly derogatory nickname for lounge staff (some of them can be quite the opposite! )

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  From the posts below yours:

BP - boarding pass
                  J or C - both describe business class
                  Y - economy class
                  *G - Star Alliance Gold status
                  Dragon lady - a slightly derogatory nickname for lounge staff (some of them can be quite the opposite! )
                  Thanks for the heads up!

Looks like I have been walking with my eyes half closed. Haha... Most of the time, I've been concentrating on the destination and rarely gave enuf thoughts to the journey (characteristics of a lousy traveller, huh? - heee).

I usually get to the airport with just enuf time to head almost immediately to board and off I go. Spending time in a lounge prior to a flight just never got into my plans. Will certainly try to do so now.

This forum is really very interesting and so full of hidden information. Kudus to all the contributors.

Comment

SKL Access without BP

I'll fly into SIN a little past midnight and depart on UA F to NRT.
                    As I'll be flying on 2 separate PNR and wouldn't fly *A into SIN, I don't think I'll have BP in hand to access T3 SKL F.

Does anyone have experience accessing SKL without BP until transfer desk opens at 4:30AM?

Comment

From some reports on the TOF UA forum, it would appear that you will not have access until you obtain your boarding pass. I would suggest the Transit hotel in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                        From some reports on the TOF UA forum, it would appear that you will not have access until you obtain your boarding pass. I would suggest the Transit hotel in this case.
                        That's what I'm afraid of. If I can't access SKL, then I might burn my PC points and get a room at the crown plaza.
                        Anyone has personal experience?

Comment

For anything less than about 8 hours' worth of sleep, I think the transit hotel is perfectly adequate. But the caveat is that only the T3 one is actually decent -the others in T1 and T2 feel old and run down.

I would perhaps go for the CP if the transit was more like 9pm to 7am, but if it's 12am to 6am or something then I think I'd prefer to be able to walk the short distance to the transit hotel and get to sleep ASAP...

To be honest, even with SKL access, you can't really sleep properly there at all unless you are very good at sleeping on sofas. There aren't even long sofas in the F lounge so you have to sleep on one of the C lounge sofas.

Comment

Actually I was thinking about going to T2 slumberette.
                            Are they closed now?

And my layover is more like 10PM-7AM, and I have excess PC points, so CP is no problem.

Comment

Might I humbly suggest you consider JetQuay, buddy?

Might be cheaper, you get a proper bed, and picked up to/from the gate. And they'll pick up your BP the next day for you, no worries... you won't even have to wake up and it'll be ready when you are.

But if it's burning PC points, then by all means, go for it... I've tried the Crowne Plaza also - nothing to get excited about.

Comment

i am at SKL C T2 now writing this on one of their lovely apple computers.

just witnessed a guy traveling on MI but on a SQ ticket and BP. They tried to reject him. Anyone know the rule on this? He wasn't happy and asked to see a manager but i didnt stick around to see the outcome. I think its kind of unfair for SQ to send passengers on their conecting flights to the Premier Lounge. SKL T2 is already quite bare but to send your passenger on to Premier Lounge is kind of uncalled for. Hahah i know cos i am *G and fly Y so i always have to use that lounge.

Comment

Working...
                                X