Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lounge Access Question

Hello all

This might have been asked before but I could not find a thread with an answer...

I have a upcoming TG flight in J next Feb. Am I able to access SKL C by virtue of *A airline partner?

No status on Thai and ES on KF. Thanks in advance

Yes, you can

Comment

Conversely the other way around, I have a J flight from BKK - SIN coming up this week. I don't really like the SKL in BKK and I think the TG's lounge in BKK is way way better. Anyone knows if I am allowed to use the TG Lounge?
      Life's A Bitch,
      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
        Conversely the other way around, I have a J flight from BKK - SIN coming up this week. I don't really like the SKL in BKK and I think the TG's lounge in BKK is way way better. Anyone knows if I am allowed to use the TG Lounge?
        But SKL in BKK has ice creams

Yes you can go to TG lounge. I prefer SKL though.

Comment

I'm with lee_apromise on this one

Except TG has showers...

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
            As others have said you can indeed use the TG lounges but, tarmac views apart, I would love to know what you find better in the TG J lounges at BKK over the SKL.

Comment

Have to agree on the SKL being better than the TG lounge in BKK. I say go for your massage at the Royal Orchid Spa than head to the SKL.
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

If I use free ticket, redeeming using Krisflyer point on Economy, can I access the lounge using my A3 Gold card?
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  If I use free ticket, redeeming using Krisflyer point on Economy, can I access the lounge using my A3 Gold card?
                  Yes you can.
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

access denied

MY wife and I are Solitaire members for over 22 years,
                    My wife, daughter and mother in law, were flying economy out of San Francisco
                    to Singapore to join me this coming week in Singapore , as I am here on business,When they were at the lounge in san francisco were told only 1 guest,
                    which my daughter replied their baggage got better service than they did.
                    I presume when they fly back to the states they will be denied the lounge in
                    T3 in Singapore also.
                    As stated in other threads I find the benefits of being a Solitaire member
                    are being reduced , as gifts were done away with, double miles for redeeming flights out of the USA against other Star Alliance members, I have found over the last couple of years, food on the flights is not as in once was , cabin staff not as attentive as in the past, little things like addressing you by name.The website is still 6 months later still full of problems.
                    The CEO should not look at fuel prices as a reason for reduced revenue ,
                    Its their attitude to their best customers, who are voting with their wallet.
                    SQ has lost my business to the MID EAST and India to Emirates, were I get upgrades and can take 2 guests into a lounge etc, as I log over 100,000 on Emirates a year, and have now been splitting my Asia flights between CX and SQ.
                    I find that SQ is to much by a book of rules and no flexibility to its best customers, that a customer who has been with you for over 22 years and have log millions of miles cant take 2 guests flying into the lounge ???

motodave

Comment

Originally posted by motodave View Post
                      MY wife and I are Solitaire members for over 22 years,
                      My wife, daughter and mother in law, were flying economy out of San Francisco
                      to Singapore to join me this coming week in Singapore , as I am here on business,When they were at the lounge in san francisco were told only 1 guest,
                      which my daughter replied their baggage got better service than they did.
                      I presume when they fly back to the states they will be denied the lounge in
                      T3 in Singapore also.
                      As stated in other threads I find the benefits of being a Solitaire member
                      are being reduced , as gifts were done away with, double miles for redeeming flights out of the USA against other Star Alliance members, I have found over the last couple of years, food on the flights is not as in once was , cabin staff not as attentive as in the past, little things like addressing you by name.The website is still 6 months later still full of problems.
                      The CEO should not look at fuel prices as a reason for reduced revenue ,
                      Its their attitude to their best customers, who are voting with their wallet.
                      SQ has lost my business to the MID EAST and India to Emirates, were I get upgrades and can take 2 guests into a lounge etc, as I log over 100,000 on Emirates a year, and have now been splitting my Asia flights between CX and SQ.
                      I find that SQ is to much by a book of rules and no flexibility to its best customers, that a customer who has been with you for over 22 years and have log millions of miles cant take 2 guests flying into the lounge ???

motodave
                      I may be wrong for the Solitaire previ as I never been one. As for the Gold status, I know only can bring 1 guess right?

I think a rule is a rule and you can't fault the staff as they simply following the rule.
                      visit my blog

Comment

some rules are wrong

I may be wrong for the Solitaire previ as I never been one. As for the Gold status, I know only can bring 1 guess right?

I think a rule is a rule and you can't fault the staff as they simply following the rule.
                        yes rules are rules, just like double mile to redeem a flight on SQ against all star alliance carriers, is a rule, but is it a correct rule??,
                        The benefits of being a loyal customer for 22 years and what is being offered
                        is just not worth the effort to support SQ at this moment.
                        I think you look at things like this case by case, but it seems SQ is what I call
                        concrete heads, maybe its just safer and easier not to take look at a situation
                        and who a customer is but just follow a rule, God for bid if they ever bend a rule the sky may fall in.

motodave

Comment

Originally posted by motodave View Post
                          yes rules are rules, just like double mile to redeem a flight on SQ against all star alliance carriers, is a rule, but is it a correct rule??,
                          The benefits of being a loyal customer for 22 years and what is being offered
                          is just not worth the effort to support SQ at this moment.
                          I think you look at things like this case by case, but it seems SQ is what I call
                          concrete heads, maybe its just safer and easier not to take look at a situation
                          and who a customer is but just follow a rule, God for bid if they ever bend a rule the sky may fall in.

motodave
                          motodave, I am not trying to defend SQ, but being their customer for 22 years, you should know what SQ behave right?

If you think u need this special privilege why you did not send a request to the necessary department, and let the senior management know so that they will give u an exception.

Those people who mend the Silver Kris lounge is just a small pawn. If they break the rule, they may lose their job. So it is more important for your 1 extra family to go inside the room rather they keep their job?

I know a lot of time, we are displeasure with the company, but screaming at the people mending the counter, do you think it is fair to them? They can't do anything as it is company policy and they are not the one setting the policy. They may disgaree with the policy anyway.

BTW, how they should know you are a 22 years loyal customer?
                          visit my blog

Comment

A decent loyalty system should be able to recognise lifetime customer value at any customer touchpoint (like at lounge entry). This can be a huge differentiating factor and SQ sorely lacks this.

Comment

motodave, I am not trying to defend SQ, but being their customer for 22 years, you should know what SQ behave right?

If you think u need this special privilege why you did not send a request to the necessary department, and let the senior management know so that they will give u an exception.

Those people who mend the Silver Kris lounge is just a small pawn. If they break the rule, they may lose their job. So it is more important for your 1 extra family to go inside the room rather they keep their job?

I know a lot of time, we are displeasure with the company, but screaming at the people mending the counter, do you think it is fair to them? They can't do anything as it is company policy and they are not the one setting the policy. They may disgaree with the policy anyway.

I would like to know where you get your facts ,
                              1- where did I ever say my family screamed at the staff at the lounge.
                              I am in the service business, my family treats people with respect , especially
                              the people serving us , lounge staff, flight attendents , check in personal etc ,
                              even after being rejected entry my wife said she said thank you and left.
                              If you think my daughters comment , that the bags got treated better than
                              themselves, that part is true the bags got priority stickers on them and were some of the first ones off in singapore.

As to
                              the comment, how did the staff know why wife is a member for 22 years, she showed the women the card, in the lower middle it states years qualified 22 years.

Why would I have to contact senior staff for an exception to the lounge, are you telling me that lounge staff have no distraction, and if they allow one extra person in they will be fired, are the rules that strict with SQ, about giving away a lounge access, if that is the case they have a lot more problems than a website .

I will give you an example about 15 years ago my wife, myself and daughter flew on Virgin to London, on the return departure we went to the Vigin lounge and the RULES said only pps members no guests, when we approaced the woman at the door we showed are two Solitaire, and asked if we could
                              enter with our daughter as she was only 5 , the woman thought for a moment and said sure, I dodnt think she would be fired for this breach of company policy, didnot have to ask senior management for a waiver.
                              My employees have latitude in dealing with questions and procedures, we donot have a rule book cut in stone, like I guess SQ does.

Comment

Working...
                              X