What are the different classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the different classes

Sorry for my ignorance on this subject, however reading through the texts in all forums there are a lot of abbreviations flying about. Being a new person to this forum a lot of people are talking about F, J, C and other classes I am assuming. Is there a list on here where I can read up and understand some of the lingo lol.

Thanking you kindly

Mick

First Class Category
    R Supersonic or First Class Suite (currently only on the Airbus A380)
    P First Class Premium
    F First Class
    A First Class Discounted

Business Class Category
    J Business Class Premium
    C Business Class
    D Business Class Discounted
    I Business Class Discounted
    Z Business Class Discounted

Economy/Coach Class Category
    W Economy/Coach Premium
    S Economy/Coach
    Y Economy/Coach
    B Economy/Coach Discounted
    H Economy/Coach Discounted
    K Economy/Coach Discounted
    L Economy/Coach Discounted
    M Economy/Coach Discounted (Round the World Fare)
    N Economy/Coach Discounted
    Q Economy/Coach Discounted
    T Economy/Coach Discounted
    V Economy/Coach Discounted
    X Economy/Coach Discounted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IATA_class_codes

Comment

DIFFERENT CLASSES

Thanks Sethor,

That is interesting my wife and I are booked in the suite class on the A380, however on our paper work it states P, should I go back o the agent and gent them to change or it does not matter.

cheers Mick

PS Great work on the list

Comment

Suite bookings can be booked on R, F & P fare codes, R earns 300% of miles flown and F & P 150%.
        Last edited by Sethor; 22 November 2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

The codes above are perhaps general IATA class codes.
          There could be variations for SQ.
          For example, for Business Class, Z for SQ is the highest fare, followed by C, then J, then D.

Comment

what are the different classes

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
            Suite bookings can be booked on R, F & P fare codes, R earns 300% of miles flown and F & P 150%.
            I wonder if this can be changed so that we can earn more miles rather than 150%. I did pay full fare and cash for this flight would that make any difference?????

cheers Mick

Comment

Originally posted by A380MICK View Post
              I wonder if this can be changed so that we can earn more miles rather than 150%. I did pay full fare and cash for this flight would that make any difference?????

cheers Mick
              Sure - just ask the your travel agent to "upsell" you from your P class ticket to an R class ticket, and pay the fare difference. You'll get precisely the same seat and service for more money.

Get the quote, and do the math. Bear in mind that you can effectively buy Krisflyer miles for 40 USD/1000. I haven't worked it out, but i think you may find it not particularly worthwhile. You'll get around 11,250 more miles round trip a head flying in "R" class instead of "P", so the fare difference shouldn't exceed 440 USD. If it does, it's a dud.

Comment

what r the different classes

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Sure - just ask the your travel agent to "upsell" you from your P class ticket to an R class ticket, and pay the fare difference. You'll get precisely the same seat and service for more money.

Get the quote, and do the math. Bear in mind that you can effectively buy Krisflyer miles for 40 USD/1000. I haven't worked it out, but i think you may find it not particularly worthwhile. You'll get around 11,250 more miles round trip a head flying in "R" class instead of "P", so the fare difference shouldn't exceed 440 USD. If it does, it's a dud.
                Thanks SQflyergirl will give them a buzz and see why I did not get R instead o P?????
                cheers Mick

Comment

and see why I did not get R instead o P?????
                  cheers Mick
                  It's simple - your Travel agent is looking out for you. P and R will BOTH book into suites, but at different prices. I'd pay P and pocket the difference and STILL enjoy suites and spend it on something else instead.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    There could be variations for SQ.
                    For example, for Business Class, Z for SQ is the highest fare, followed by C, then J, then D.
                    The first time an SQ res agent told me that I would need to pay a SGD100 fare difference to get a C-class seat since J-class was sold out with waitlists closed, i thought she was pulling my leg.

I dunno why SQ reversed the IATA sequence for business fares cuz with other airlines like AC, for example, Z-class is indeed an executive first/business-class discounted fare.
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance on this subject, however reading through the texts in all forums there are a lot of abbreviations flying about. Being a new person to this forum a lot of people are talking about F, J, C and other classes I am assuming. Is there a list on here where I can read up and understand some of the lingo lol.

Thanking you kindly

Mick
                      This is the SQTalk abbreviations page link:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1032

Or in the SQTalk Community forum, if you want to find it by yourself.
                      Last edited by Singapore Sling; 24 November 2011, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X