Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some random pictures

Comment

I'm there in a couple of weeks. Curious to check it out in person. It looks a lot better than the previous lounge which was pretty rubbish. It was more fun to sit at the jazz bar upstairs!

I must say I've never heard of a lounge without a toilet.

Perhaps in HKIA it's not a big deal as the public toilets are kept very clean. It's just a hassle b/c you might feel weird leaving your bag or laptop on the table and have to go outside the lounge to use the loo.

Regardless, SQfG is right. It's the expectation. I don't fly F so I'd assume my expectations are lower (wild guess) but I still have expectations!
      blog

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
        I'm there in a couple of weeks. Curious to check it out in person. It looks a lot better than the previous lounge which was pretty rubbish. It was more fun to sit at the jazz bar upstairs!

Perhaps in HKIA it's not a big deal as the public toilets are kept very clean. It's just a hassle b/c you might feel weird leaving your bag or laptop on the table and have to go outside the lounge to use the loo.

Regardless, SQfG is right. It's the expectation. I don't fly F so I'd assume my expectations are lower (wild guess) but I still have expectations!
        The Silver Kris lounge in Bangok also does not have a restroom, it is indeed a little troublesome.

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
          You should travel more in search for lounges without toilet. Should be a great trip report.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
            But the main grouse I have will be the lack of toilet and shower facility. What I did was that I went to the Thai and United Airlines lounge near Gate 60 for a shower. Its a 10 minute detour each way - but if you need to freshen up, at least there's still a place (far away) you can go.
            Who would have imagined that a SQ's passenger goes into a RCC's lounge

Comment

Originally posted by G_G View Post
              Who would have imagined that a SQ's passenger goes into a RCC's lounge
              Oh, I must say, though, the RCC HKG is one of the best I've ever tried. In Hong Kong, that is. Fully stocked with take-home bottles of H2O toiletries and it's newly refurbished!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                You should travel more in search for lounges without toilet. Should be a great trip report.
                I'd read it!
                blog

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
                  Oh, I must say, though, the RCC HKG is one of the best I've ever tried. In Hong Kong, that is. Fully stocked with take-home bottles of H2O toiletries and it's newly refurbished!
                  Thanks for that tip! That'll come in very handy indeed!

Comment

Flying to HK in 2 weeks. So both Business and First share the same food area? Because looks from photo the First class section only have seats.

No restrooms! OMG... what are they thinking?

Comment

Popped my head in here very briefly last week. It's certainly an improvement, which granted isn't saying much!.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                        Flying to HK in 2 weeks. So both Business and First share the same food area? Because looks from photo the First class section only have seats.

No restrooms! OMG... what are they thinking?
                        Was there on the 2nd of December to take SQ 2. First and Business do share the same food area. The First class section does contain only seats, a little on the pathetic side. Nobody sat in the First class section when I was there even though there were 4 people in First (I didn't sit there as well, I mean why would I sit there if there is absolutely NO difference between sections). The lounge is very basic (but does contain enough food) but looks very new/updated/modern so there's still a premium atmosphere in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mac View Post
                          Was there on the 2nd of December to take SQ 2. First and Business do share the same food area. The First class section does contain only seats, a little on the pathetic side. Nobody sat in the First class section when I was there even though there were 4 people in First (I didn't sit there as well, I mean why would I sit there if there is absolutely NO difference between sections). The lounge is very basic (but does contain enough food) but looks very new/updated/modern so there's still a premium atmosphere in there.
                          I was there last weekend. Agree there's basically no difference between F and J. I didn't sit in the F class also althought I'm flying F. It's empty too when I was there. For F passengers, there's no exclusivity. Only improvement are the internet terminals / workstations and food variety is slightly better. Otherwise not much difference. Others improvements are just cosmetic. Lack of toilet turns out to be not that inconvenient as there's one right next to the lounge entrance. I wish they have provided shower facilities though. There's certainly enough space to put some shower cubicles.

Comment

i thought the food selection was fantastic tonight. good dim sum and lots of other selections. better then the krisflyer gold lounge in sin anyway
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

yep checked it out just over a week ago. it's an improvement! I'll take that!
                              blog

Comment

Its actually a new lounge at a new place quite close to the old one..the old one is closed and being renovated...

went here on 15/4. got haagen dazz ice-cream and the scallop fried rice is excellent!!!

pics here:
                                http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=28778ead7c

Comment

Working...
                                X