X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    South East Asia....
    LOL

I think there's one more acronym with dual meaning that throws me off on this board all the time.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      Aren't people saying NOT to go there? And that it's local food?
      I think UMD and MAN Flyer are saying not to go there as it's local food made to match Western palates. I did mention I was open to suggestions for that particular timeslot. It's been struck off my personal list officially...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        I think UMD and MAN Flyer are saying not to go there as it's local food made to match Western palates. I did mention I was open to suggestions for that particular timeslot. It's been struck off my personal list officially...

And my bad for not typing correctly there. Meant to say "...NOT local food." Complete brain fart.

[You see, everyone makes retarded comments from time-to-time.]
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          [You see, everyone makes retarded comments from time-to-time.]
          Quoted for posterity.

Ever been to Bali?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            South East Asia....

.........Woooosh.

Comment

The two places on my must-eat-local list currently no matter what (!) are Bebek Bengil and Bumbu Bali/Warung Made.

Feel free to suggest any local attractions that can fill in the missing gaps in our itinerary above. We do want to enjoy the hotel also
              If you are at the IC then Bumbu Bali is easy to get to. I wouldn't bother going from Seminyak as Bali traffic can be a real PITA.

Comment

It's looking like this:

Friday night:
                Arrive/land 19:15pm. (sunset missed)
                Go to hotel wherever (probably W, maybe Sheraton Kuta)
                Friday dinner - somewhere near the hotel, if not tired we'll go to Ku De Ta (are reservations absolutely taken/needed on a Fri night?)

Just back last night, stayed in a villa around the corner from W. There seems to be a lot of good restaurants around there, left and right from W's main gate. It seems to be the place where things are developing and it's less crowded than both Kuta and Legian.

As UMD said, there is Sarong and Hu'u/Baba's but also Biku where I ate the first night and Bonita. The Deck is okay, food is fine but portions were a little on the small side and happy hour doesn't start till 10pm

Comment

No idea - what food is each place serving and in your opinion, for us, which would you do? Bearing in mind we have perhaps only one chance / one restaurant slot open...

Comment

Did you even decide on a hotel yet?

Comment

Everything is booked, just have to cancel the one I don't wanna use

Comment

I have to say, I liked Biku (its menu may not be local enough for you though) but your choice of where to eat may be more governed by whether you can get a table or not.

If you're looking for something more local, maybe get into Merah Putih (http://www.merahputihbali.com/)

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                          .........Woooosh.
                          Totally!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

I can vouch for Biku. My friends and I used to have a late lunch there after pigging out at Breakfast whilst staying at the W. Great location as well, right outside the hotel's doorstep.
                            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Will stay at W mid Oct for 3-4 days. So, will try out some of the recommendations here

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                If you are at the IC then Bumbu Bali is easy to get to. I wouldn't bother going from Seminyak as Bali traffic can be a real PITA.
                                And it's off to Bebek Bengil (Nusa Dua) for lunch, as planned...

So far, sticking to the itinerary except we did the first night at Laguna Nusa Dua (nice, but the IC is even nicer, and omg, what a killer suite - Jimbaran double upgrade from Duplex, first taste of RA and I'm loving it!!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X