Instant HH Gold for Visa Signature holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    ... (or did milehighj change it to Kyo- ) ...
    Heaven forbid! Long live keeyo ploos (spoken with appropriate French intonation...)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      I only tried with my own Visa Signature number, which is under my name, and that screenshot above shows what happens.

I don't have someone else's Visa Signature to give it a try with, but with any luck, they'd probably not even check it considering my card is Singapore-issued.

Whoever wants to try would probably get it, I reckon.
      That's what I figured. Nice bonus for those that need/want it.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Heaven forbid! Long live keeyo ploos (spoken with appropriate French intonation...)
      Well, I wasn't sure after the SR Pudong comment...
      Last edited by HUGE AL; 14 June 2011, 04:09 PM.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        While it does prove that HH Gold is really worthless, a free offer is still a free offer!
        I don't know about now but certainly in the past I found that HH gold recognition was quite good, e.g. upgrades to a club room w/access to the lounge in Nagoya, Stockholm etc. If it's still the same now, HH Gold is definitely worth having!

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
          i could get my visa signature issued in Korea verified but once I put my HH number and pin, i keep getting error message.
          We also got error messages, but succeeded on the 3rd or 4th try. Now both the OH and I are Gold till end of August. I have no idea if we'd get to use the status but after declining mistake fares/status matches etc in the past thinking I won't have any reason to take advantage of them and being subsequently proven wrong, I've now adopted the 'just do it, you never know when it might come in handy' approach to these things.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            I don't know about now but certainly in the past I found that HH gold recognition was quite good, e.g. upgrades to a club room w/access to the lounge in Nagoya, Stockholm etc. If it's still the same now, HH Gold is definitely worth having!
            To Clarify:
            Its worthless to try and qualify for it when you can get for free so easily...

Worthless also that its not 'special'....everyone can get it...

Comment

One point to note is the web address clearly shows it 'detects' that it's a HH Diamond member number. It would stand to reason that a HH Gold member would get a similar confirmation message.
              Nope, apparently existing Gold members are not as 'elite' as Diamond. No 5,000 bonus pts for me

Comment

I think you should wait one or two weeks and see if it credits?

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  We also got error messages, but succeeded on the 3rd or 4th try. Now both the OH and I are Gold till end of August. I have no idea if we'd get to use the status but after declining mistake fares/status matches etc in the past thinking I won't have any reason to take advantage of them and being subsequently proven wrong, I've now adopted the 'just do it, you never know when it might come in handy' approach to these things.
                  Thanks KeithMEL, finally it worked. I'm gonna try this at Double Tree in KL next month.

My understanding is, even if I book a standard room, I will be upgraded to executive floor room incl lounge access + complimentary internet? Or do I have to book a room just one level below executive club room? and my last question is, do I really have to book through hilton website to receive this status benefits, not third party web?

Sorry people, I've got a problem with staying with A-CLUB

Comment

I only tried with my own Visa Signature number, which is under my name, and that screenshot above shows what happens.

I don't have someone else's Visa Signature to give it a try with, but with any luck, they'd probably not even check it considering my card is Singapore-issued.

Whoever wants to try would probably get it, I reckon - there are cardholders out there who may use other names (e.g. Chinese names) on their credit card and an English name on the HH account. It would stand to reason that these are not mutually exclusive.

One point to note is the web address clearly shows it 'detects' that it's a HH Diamond member number. It would stand to reason that a HH Gold member would get a similar confirmation message.
                    I tried last night using my Citibank Premier Miles card, which is Singapore issued. Instance confirmation.

You are given GOLD status until 31-Aug-2011. You need to do 3 stays for the status to be extended (for a full year??).

Any idea where is the cheapest Hilton nearby SIN? Doubletree KL I suppose. Any other closer one?
                    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                      I tried last night using my Citibank Premier Miles card, which is Singapore issued. Instance confirmation.

You are given GOLD status until 31-Aug-2011. You need to do 3 stays for the status to be extended (for a full year??).

Any idea where is the cheapest Hilton nearby SIN? Doubletree KL I suppose. Any other closer one?
                      Hilton Petaling Jaya is your friend. You can do a mattress run with the KUL Doubletree in between on a 3-nighter.

Comment

Hilton Petaling Jaya is your friend. You can do a mattress run with the KUL Doubletree in between on a 3-nighter.
                        But Hilton PJ is a bit hard to go right?
                        visit my blog

Comment

I think you should wait one or two weeks and see if it credits?
                          oh, i meant that i didn't see the page saying i'll get 5,000 points. probably the same page that everyone else sees.

Comment

Thanks KeithMEL, finally it worked. I'm gonna try this at Double Tree in KL next month.

My understanding is, even if I book a standard room, I will be upgraded to executive floor room incl lounge access + complimentary internet? Or do I have to book a room just one level below executive club room? and my last question is, do I really have to book through hilton website to receive this status benefits, not third party web?

A standard room would suffice, but upgrades are subject to availability, of course. Conrad Singapore has only upgraded me from the standard room to the business room, claiming that the upgrade is only one tier upwards and not an automatic upgrade to exec floor. utter rubbish!

Comment

In an HHonor's thread no less

Comment

Points have posted yesterday evening for me:

VISA SIGNATURE 5000 POINTS BONUS 5,000 0 17-Jun-2011

Thank you, HHonors!

Only a tiny bit short of the *cheaper* 4-night stay redemption packages now... very chuffed!

Comment

Working...
                                X