Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
    I now eagerly await the day we see SWISS back in Singapore
    AMEN to that brother/sister. Amen to that!

Comment

While we're on European carriers that at one time flew BKK-SIN as an extension, I met with a SK sales rep here in SIN the other day; yes they still have an office here; and was told that its unlikely they will be back... sadly..

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        Why not t3? T1 is very distress with the reno
        Quite a number of airlines have moved from t1 to t3 in the past 2 months so t1 is slightly less conjested right now, and should be capable of handling one more daily flight starting next month. The renovation is progressing well too, not too much of a disturbance to the passengers.

Comment

Hmm, no A330s to SIN? Which means no fancy J products?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Hmm, no A330s to SIN? Which means no fancy J products?
            I doubt A330 have the range to do HEL-SIN nonstop.

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
              I doubt A330 have the range to do HEL-SIN nonstop.
              I think MTOW of the A333 will restrict payload on a HEL-SIN sector making it non profitable.

This will generate even more competition on especially CPH-SIN route IMHO, with AY now in play. Qatar have recently upgraded their equipment to A332, Emirates is about to launch CPH in their route network. Gulf Air will operate as well. So lots of one stop options.
              SQ will see a lot of competition with their 3x weekly service. They have a great reputation, but is using older equipment B772ER SV-series, in Y maybe not a problem as SQ have great pitch of 34" and great IFE, but in front of the aircraft they will see some competition.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                AMEN to that brother/sister. Amen to that!
                I'm in close communications with people in SWISS Singapore office.
                That won't happen anytime soon.

I'm also doubtful that SWISS would be able to survive against SQ on ZRH - SIN v.v., but if there is a route that SWISS can make, it is GVA - SIN v.v. with high premium traffic. GVA - NRT v.v. would also be another route that SWISS can make a killing on.

By the way, SWISS will have their new J class offerings on their BKK runs come 4 July 2011 on the A343.

They will offer SGD$5350 (starting price) common-rate throughout Europe for SIN - BKK - Europe in Business Class.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
                  TBH I was not particularly optimistic. Having said that, given SQ and LX's close co-operation, it's possible to take a flight on SQ to ZRH and connect onto Swiss. Now if only they start to give out those lovely Swiss choccys on SQ flights.

I'm also doubtful that SWISS would be able to survive against SQ on ZRH - SIN v.v., but if there is a route that SWISS can make, it is GVA - SIN v.v. with high premium traffic. GVA - NRT v.v. would also be another route that SWISS can make a killing on.

By the way, SWISS will have their new J class offerings on their BKK runs come 4 July 2011 on the A343.

They will offer SGD$5350 (starting price) common-rate throughout Europe for SIN - BKK - Europe in Business Class.
                  It would be really great if they started direct GVA flights out of SIN. I've always loved Geneva, though it's not often a place one goes to, unless one was heading for the Skiing or the international organisations.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post

Shame if true. Over at FT, there was a thread a few months ago saying there was talk of a ZRH-CPT, ZRH-PEK and ZRH-SIN service starting once the remaining A330's have been delivered next year. Edelweiss recently began (or will begin) flying to PEK and CPT, presumably to test the market before LX enters, so I think those 'rumors' were pretty plausible.

Also, I have heard LX is not happy about all its premium corporate traffic being booked on SQ via LX's codeshare, which is lost revenue for LX.

Anyway, I'm hopeful. Time will eventually answer all our questions.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      While we're on European carriers that at one time flew BKK-SIN as an extension, I met with a SK sales rep here in SIN the other day; yes they still have an office here; and was told that its unlikely they will be back... sadly..
                      Rude cabin crew, paid alcohol in Y... who needs SK back in SIN??
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Shame if true. Over at FT, there was a thread a few months ago saying there was talk of a ZRH-CPT, ZRH-PEK and ZRH-SIN service starting once the remaining A330's have been delivered next year. Edelweiss recently began (or will begin) flying to PEK and CPT, presumably to test the market before LX enters, so I think those 'rumors' were pretty plausible.

Also, I have heard LX is not happy about all its premium corporate traffic being booked on SQ via LX's codeshare, which is lost revenue for LX.

I realy hope LX will fly back on SIN-BKK route though
                        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          Does. Not. Compute.

Originally posted by Nichardenberg View Post
                          SQ will see a lot of competition with their 3x weekly service. They have a great reputation, but is using older equipment B772ER SV-series, in Y maybe not a problem as SQ have great pitch of 34" and great IFE, but in front of the aircraft they will see some competition.
                          The A340's AY will be sending to SIN do not have their latest flat bed J product they have on their A330's so it will be their current/older slopey lie-flat seat, which the SpaceBed on SQ's 772ER's is as good as if not better imo.

Changi's people have actively been trying to get LX back to SIN. The 343 just sits on the ground at BKK all day now. I believe LX management have enjoyed the saving on crew costs due to shorter layover in BKK now the SIN leg has been dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                            TBH I was not particularly optimistic. Having said that, given SQ and LX's close co-operation, it's possible to take a flight on SQ to ZRH and connect onto Swiss. Now if only they start to give out those lovely Swiss choccys on SQ flights.

It would be really great if they started direct GVA flights out of SIN. I've always loved Geneva, though it's not often a place one goes to, unless one was heading for the Skiing or the international organisations.
                            Yes. According to the May edition of Singapore Airlines' inflight magazine SilverKris, one can connect to SWISS flights to Vienna, Brussels, Nice, Geneva and Lugano (operated by Darwin Airlines). But to be honest, if I were to go to Geneva and Lugano, I'd rather take the InterCity trains from Flughafen Zurich Bahnhof to Geneve CFF or Lugano FFS. I have also taken the train from Zurich HB to Wien Westbahnhof on the OBB Railjet in Premium Class (8hrs) and I was pleasantly impressed... European short-haul is nothing much to talk about really...

I'm pretty sure that there would be significant business traffic coming from the Geneve region... After all the UN is based there (well, at least most of it is)...

Comment

I honestly doubt even a fully-fueled A333IGW can make ZRH - SIN nonstop, unless it takes significant weight restrictions that might make the route not profitable. It takes almost 12 hrs for this flight! The only aircraft SWISS has that can do SIN viably is the A343, and even then, it is a fuel-hog compared to most newer modern day airframes.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                                I realy hope LX will fly back on SIN-BKK route though
                                I'd rather they not.

BKK - SIN v.v. would only be a money loser for them. Tag-ons like this with the A340 would be so uneconomical due to the expenses for crew and competition from the legacy and low cost carriers on the route.

I'd rather they stick to what they do best. Flying half-filled or selling cheap seats won't aid their profit margin...

Comment

Working...
                                X