AC 77L @ Paya Lebar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC 77L @ Paya Lebar

Driving pass Paya Lebar airport this morning, I was stunned to see an AC 77L on the taxiway.

What/why was it there? Rego on the front was 701.

usually its for maintenance checks as one can see other airlines like JAL too flying in or taking off from paya lebar in the early morning or late afternoons.

Comment

What maintenance providers are there at Paya Lebar ?. None as far as I know, although happy to be corrected on that. I would guess it was some form of military equipment or personnel flight.

Years ago I was staying in The Stamford (can't remember if it was still a Westin at the time...) and looked out of my window to see a NW Cargo DC10 or MD11 worrying closer to us than the other birds going in to Changi and that also landed at Paya Lebar.

Comment

I have always seen the 77L at PLAB. Actually all the time there are 2 AC 77L planes there for servicing, and Transareo 744 & 772, and JAL 767. I've also seen NH 77W there before
        I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          What maintenance providers are there at Paya Lebar ?. None as far as I know, although happy to be corrected on that. I would guess it was some form of military equipment or personnel flight.

Years ago I was staying in The Stamford (can't remember if it was still a Westin at the time...) and looked out of my window to see a NW Cargo DC10 or MD11 worrying closer to us than the other birds going in to Changi and that also landed at Paya Lebar.
          SASCO. A subsidary of ST Aero.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
            SASCO. A subsidary of ST Aero.
            Well you do indeed learn something every day. I thought Paya Lebar was military only, it certainly still seems active on that front looking at the military traffic it gets.

How come it's not used as a Changi diversion option then ?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Well you do indeed learn something every day. I thought Paya Lebar was military only, it certainly still seems active on that front looking at the military traffic it gets.

How come it's not used as a Changi diversion option then ?
              Paya Lebar has been a maintenance base for civilian aircraft since the 90s. I distinctly remember a few SQ flights diverted to Paya Lebar airport just a few years ago. It was due to one runway being unserviceable. Remember watching what looked like a SQ B777 take off from Paya Lebar in the late evening, and I thought I was seeing things

Just wondering if anyone tried asking the crew if they could have disembarked at Paya Lebar.

Comment

It would be reminiscent of Kai Tak if one could experience a B747 landing from the South near the Ubi area. I could clearly see the tail numbers on an F15 landing from there. Imagine a B747 !

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                  Paya Lebar has been a maintenance base for civilian aircraft since the 90s. I distinctly remember a few SQ flights diverted to Paya Lebar airport just a few years ago. It was due to one runway being unserviceable. Remember watching what looked like a SQ B777 take off from Paya Lebar in the late evening, and I thought I was seeing things

Just wondering if anyone tried asking the crew if they could have disembarked at Paya Lebar.
                  An A380 even landed there then! Heard (from very reliable sources) that a few S'porean pax with no check-in luggage were allowed to disembark there. The rest of the pax would had to be flown back to Changi. Recently there was also a SQ B772 diversion to Paya Lebar due to bad weather in Changi.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Saw AC aircraft in Changi today. Parking remotely next to SQ plane.
                    visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                    X