GA's 738 Bird Damaged by SQ's Cargo Container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA's 738 Bird Damaged by SQ's Cargo Container

Apparently, this happened yesterday morning (April 15th, 2012), @ SIN. Anyone knows what could have possibly caused this? The aircraft involved is PK-GFI which was delivered fresh from Boeing to GA on 22/10/2010.

The aircraft had been scheduled to fly to DPS @ around 9 am and had been in the process of pre-boarding when this incident occurred. Some 50 passengers were transferred to another airline (as per the news report - this could be SQ) and the remaining were transferred to a later GA flight to CGK before making their way to DPS via GA's domestic flight.

The aircraft itself had to be grounded for repair @ SIN.

I rarely heard about incident like this happening @ SIN. Anyone knows if this cargo container was destined to a specific SQ flight? It would be great to learn what gates this incident had happened as well.

Finally, who would be paying for this? SIN? SQ? or GA?
    Last edited by UMD; 16 April 2012, 03:41 AM.

Yikes.

That container shouldn't have been anywhere near that 738. Maybe it rolled away?

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
      Yikes.

That container shouldn't have been anywhere near that 738. Maybe it rolled away?
      Someone forgot to secure it and move it away for sure.

Comment

This incident occurred at bay B6. Remember seeing a SQ A380 at B7. Believe the towing lug on the container holder sheared off, leading the container to wheel off freely. Or the tow tug driver could have released it before coming to a full stop.
        From the looks of it, SATS is liable to pay for the damages.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          Apparently, this happened yesterday morning (April 15th, 2012), @ SIN. Anyone knows what could have possibly caused this? The aircraft involved is PK-GFI which was delivered fresh from Boeing to GA on 22/10/2010.

The aircraft had been scheduled to fly to DPS @ around 9 am and had been in the process of pre-boarding when this incident occurred. Some 50 passengers were transferred to another airline (as per the news report - this could be SQ) and the remaining were transferred to a later GA flight to CGK before making their way to DPS via GA's domestic flight.

The aircraft itself had to be grounded for repair @ SIN.

I rarely heard about incident like this happening @ SIN. Anyone knows if this cargo container was destined to a specific SQ flight? It would be great to learn what gates this incident had happened as well.

Finally, who would be paying for this? SIN? SQ? or GA?
          what i read from other sources, the flight was schedule to fly back to CGK. The pax was then transferred to the next flight which flew to DPS and then transferred back to CGK
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
            From the looks of it, SATS is liable to pay for the damages.
            Should come out from Philip's pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              what i read from other sources, the flight was schedule to fly back to CGK. The pax was then transferred to the next flight which flew to DPS and then transferred back to CGK
              It is confirmed that the flight involved was GA841 leaving for DPS.
              Last edited by UMD; 16 April 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

More pictures showing the extent of the damage:

Aircraft is scheduled to be grounded by 1 week or so for repair.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                  Should come out from Philip's pocket.
                  Who's Philip ?

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                    Who's Philip ?
                    SATS SVP Apron Services.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      Aircraft is scheduled to be grounded by 1 week or so for repair.
                      One week? Not too bad, I thought it is going to be much longer than that.
                      Granted, I know nothing about aircraft fuselage repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Test flights... recertification... etc etc etc...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          It will take some time looking at the ribs and stringers damaged and bent out. It'll take slightly more than a week to a week at best. It's currently parked at bay 302. And there was a SQ aircraft grounded at Changi when an aerobridge was improperly positioned damaging the door.

Comment

like my bosses always say.... if money can solve the problem, then it is not a problem.....
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                              like my bosses always say.... if money can solve the problem, then it is not a problem.....
                              Sometime problem solved, but bad record remained.

Comment

Working...
                              X