No announcement yet.

KLIA trumps Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never really noticed this until recently but in HKIA all the signs are blue/white. The color-coded signs in Changi make it so much easier to navigate the terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      yes KLIA do handle much less pax than Changi - but overall i am still impressed with HKIA as for being one of the busiest with much more pax handling than Changi's all 3 terminal combined, its just amazing that HKIA is still very efficient and the design if good too - and of course for plane spotting one can see more different airlines and aircrafts too.
      If HKIA with its single mega terminal has efficiency problems compared to Changi with its quadriple terminals, I would think they should be worried!

Not everyone enjoys the long trek to the gates and not everyone enjoys spending time shopping as the primary way to pass time during transit. I, for one, was bored stiff during my last two-hour transit through HKIA, for there was really nothing much else to do besides shopping.
      Help make this article a better one!

Comment

KLIA trumps Changi

I take rankings/surveys of any sort with a pinch of salt.

At most, it brings something to my attention which warrants investigation. In this case, maybe I'll fly out of KLIA to check it out......err...no I won't, I'm very happy to use Changi as my hub.

As for HKIA, I love it. I love Norman Foster designed airports. I remember choosing to fly into Stansted,UK just to experience his design. And I'm planning to fly to Beijing to check out T3...after the Olympics.

Operationally though, HKIA lags Changi at immigration, both arriving and departing.

Comment

I'd rather overnight at Changi rather than KLIA!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
            The only gripe I have about KLIA is the time it takes for the luggage to come out on the conveyor.
            My gripe with KLIA is four letters. L C C T

And the fact that they put it Waaaaay the hell out in the nether regions of the airport near Malaysia Pos and all the kargo terminals requiring a 15 minute bas ride from KLIA!

So are they ashamed of passengers that fly LCCs? Keep in mind that the most profitable airline in Malaysia IS an LCC??

Comment

Caught this pic in today's edition of the New Straits Times.

Was looking like a rather nice advertisement till I saw something that completely destroyed all credibility inherent in it.

P.s. I'd like to have what some of them are smoking please!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Caught this pic in today's edition of the New Straits Times.

Was looking like a rather nice advertisement till I saw something that completely destroyed all credibility inherent in it.

P.s. I'd like to have what some of them are smoking please!
                Interesting to note that the "Carrier of the year", "LCC of the year" and "Foreign carrier of the year" doesn't feature at all in "Foreign carrier of the year by sector". I do not know if this is more of a means of dishing out an award to as many potential winners as possible or a truly coherent assessment of "excellence".
                Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Biman* airline of the year ?!.

Do they ever arrive on time ?. They never did at MAN. Usually a few hours late, it it wasn't cancelled.

As with nearly every travel award handed out, gotta love most of them; Malaysia's hub with best airline, best LCC (what was the competition for this award btw ?) and best cargo airlines are all from ....Malaysia!!!. Reminds me of that huge banner they had up at the LCT claiming something like 'Winner of best LCT in Asia 2007' or something. I can count a total of two LCT's in Asia.

*Biman's DC10's do have fantastic short field performance from what I've seen of them.

ETA - I knew with all the enthusiasts at MAN someone would have filmed a Biman departure. Unfortunately it's at the end of this video, which has ATC on as well:

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...eo.php?id=7808
                  Last edited by MAN Flyer; 29 June 2008, 11:26 PM. Reason: Added link to video of Biman DC10

Comment

I was more shocked to see that MacDonalds had won restaurant of the year

Comment

The list of awardees was a good spot of comedy on a Sunday night.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I wonder which companies have contracts with KLIA up for renewal

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          The list of awardees was a good spot of comedy on a Sunday night.
                          Definitely made my Tuesday...

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            I was more shocked to see that MacDonalds had won restaurant of the year
                            Well, in all honesty.... look at the competition they had :o

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              Well, in all honesty.... look at the competition they had :o
                              How about Eden Restaurant??

Foreign Airlines Of the Year - Probabaly Air India & Uzbezkistan Airline too huh?

Comment

If Foreign Carrier of the Year was Singapore Airlines or Emirates I might have believed it, but Biman? Although I don't know anything about KLIA's schedules, Biman is delayed arriving at Changi almost all the time - once I saw the aircraft arrive half an hour before the scheduled return departure time!

Comment

Working...
                                X