No announcement yet.

First Class Amenity Kits on SQ12 SIN-NRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amenity kits are really "practical" kits that need to "perform". Instead it has deteriorated to some "snooty" junket gift that SQ thinks may enhance our status because you got it travelling First Class with them with all the brand names. Most of the time, these kits get thrown out upon landing. There should be no rule on how many is allowed or what is allowed when travelling in First or Biz. Just some good quality products that one can use either on board to make it more comfortable and freshen up on arrival as that's what paying the premium and travelling on First is all about!! Another example of "bean counting" and destroying the special qualities of what SQ used to be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
      So, I assume that the amenity kit & sleeper-suit are given for SQ11 (NRT-SIN)?
      Flew SQ 11 LAX-NRT-SIN and was given one amenity kit + sleeper suit on LAX-NRT and on NRT-SIN one sleeper suit. The same was done for the other transiting passengers. For the new passengers in Tokyo they were given amenity kit + sleeper suit.

Comment

Update for SQ12.

Received 1 sleeper suit + 1 amenity kit on SIN-NRT and 1 sleeper suit on NRT-LAX.

This was the same for the other passengers who were going to LAX and started in SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
          Update for SQ12.

Received 1 sleeper suit + 1 amenity kit on SIN-NRT and 1 sleeper suit on NRT-LAX.

This was the same for the other passengers who were going to LAX and started in SIN.
          Just completed SQ11 & SQ12 and they pretty well have this system down pat to ensure they don't hand out too many Amenity KIts.

By the time I git back from LAX I was looking at having 4 x sleeping suits. I started requesting different sizes, 1 for Mrs Albatross, 2 for teenagers. Ended up arriving home with enough PJs for the entire family.

On the LAX-NRT I swapped my standard issue Gents amenities kit for a Ladies kit. Mrs Albatross also happy with that when I eventually arrived home.

Comment

I did SIN-NRT-LAX straight through in F last month. Was given 2 sleeper suits. Amenity kit from SIN-NRT (I asked for Ladies). For NRT-LAX I asked for a ladies' amenity kit. No mention of this being a special request since I was transitting. The cabin was about 2/3 full for that flight.

I sort of phrased my request "When you hand out the amenity kits, do you mind giving me a ladies' one for my wife?". It keeps the request nice and open.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashsuds View Post
              Amenity kits are really "practical" kits that need to "perform". Instead it has deteriorated to some "snooty" junket gift that SQ thinks may enhance our status because you got it travelling First Class with them with all the brand names. Most of the time, these kits get thrown out upon landing. There should be no rule on how many is allowed or what is allowed when travelling in First or Biz. Just some good quality products that one can use either on board to make it more comfortable and freshen up on arrival as that's what paying the premium and travelling on First is all about!! Another example of "bean counting" and destroying the special qualities of what SQ used to be!!!
              I would generally agree to that. The supplies in the restroom are usually sufficient for my own personal needs. So I always go for the ladies' kid, if there is a choice, as a gift.

Comment

Working...
              X