Taipei arrivals and departures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taipei arrivals and departures

1. The oldies are arriving on BR at T2. I'm arriving on CX at T1. Presumably the best solution is to pick up our respective luggages at the terminals we arrive at, then meet somewhere in T2. Are there any particular distinctive and significant places we could arrange to meet in T2?

The oldies are blur as sotong. Nothing too taxing on the brains would be great! A big distinctive sign somewhere, the only one in place - they might get stressed out and confused if the directions are too complex.

2. For departures. I plan to check in at T2 first. I do not think I'd take too long to check in at the Cx counter. I'd then accompany them to T1 to checkin. That might take a while since we have no * status. Would I be able to go through immigration at T2 with them with my cx boarding pass? I am assuming I can do so but would like some clarification here.

thank you.

Tell your folks that once they've exited to turn LEFT and walk all the way to the end, there's a eating place there for them to wait for you.

http://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/facilities-map

Comment

I hardly linger in the airport so can't help you on this.

But one tip: all 3 major mobile companies have kiosks just before immigration (at least in T1). So you can get your SIM card there. They're dirt cheap - I got a 15 day unlimited 4G data plan from Chunghwa for only NT$700 in December. They need your passport and one other photo ID. There are other cheaper plans too if you go for volume rather than days. I believe you can get 1GB data for NT$180. But I use my phone a lot for navigation, so I usually go for unlimited.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        2. For departures. I plan to check in at T2 first. I do not think I'd take too long to check in at the Cx counter. I'd then accompany them to T1 to checkin. That might take a while since we have no * status. Would I be able to go through immigration at T2 with them with my cx boarding pass? I am assuming I can do so but would like some clarification here.
        Do you mean you intend to go in with your BP and then come out again ? You'd have to clear immigration again ? They might not be too happy about you going airside without any intention of flying from there (certainly the case in SG as I found out once).

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. So helpful!

9vjkl, I would ask my them to go to food court to wait for me on arrival. I'd also get my brother to print the map and highlight the route for them.

259850, I would definitely get the card with unlimited access. Can't survive without google maps, even in Singapore!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Do you mean you intend to go in with your BP and then come out again ? You'd have to clear immigration again ? They might not be too happy about you going airside without any intention of flying from there (certainly the case in SG as I found out once).
            I'd check in my luggage and get my boarding pass in t1. Then accompany them to t2 to checkin. The go into t2 departures with them through the t2 immigration. Would that be a potential problem? We can walk between the two terminals airside. They're also connected by sky train.

I have a vague collection of having done this in Singapore before. So I'm hoping Taipei would be OK too?

Comment

9vjkl, the food court place you suggested was great. End of the terminal, one floor down. Found them really easily.

25980, I got a T-star 4g unlimited data, 100 mins talk time for nt$450 (can't remember if it's 14 or 10days) before immigration. I think it's only nt$50 more outside immigration (with added tax?)

I managed to check in at t1, then passed through immigration and security at t2.

Comment

Working...
              X