No announcement yet.

Park Hyatt Seoul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the PH in Buenos Aires is spectacular. It's built into a historic palace with a beautiful garden. There's also a tower building with more modern styled rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      There are a number of great Park Hyatts around. The one in Sydney is fabulous due to the location and the actual property. Unfortunately some of the staff are d*ckheads but if you can ignore that it's a great place.

Despite strongly disliking the city itself I do like the PH Shanghai and the PH Saigon is excellent, although currently closed for a refurb. The PH Hamburg is one of my favourite hotels in Europe although it is not quite up to what it used to be I thought during a week stay there last year.
      Thanks for the tips, Man Flyer! Appreciated! I am keen to try the PH Sydney at some point. There was Gold Passport availability when I was on vacation in Sydney last year, but only for one room (I was with kids so needed two rooms) so was not able to try it then.

I am at the GH Shanghai in May (Not enough GP points for the PH. The rate per night at PH is marginally higher than GH Shanghai)...the two hotels are so close to each other...what would you say are the biggest differences between the PH and GH Shanghai?

T I have stayed at the GH at ICN airport about a dozen times though.
      I've often thought about staying at the GH Incheon on the last night of my stays in Seoul, before an early morning flight the next day. Do you think it it worthwhile to check out of a hotel near Coex and stay at the GH ICN just for the night prior to departing ICN?

If I take the KAL Limousine bus to Incheon Airport, is there an easy (complimentary?) way to get from ICN airport to the GH Incheon?

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
        I can recommend the PH Siem Reap, lovely boutique PH which is a welcome peaceful respite from the heat and noise outside. PH Vendome: nice hotel and great location but doesn't stand out in Paris. PH Zurich: great business hotel iMO but we were on holiday and felt quite out of place as we weren't in smart/business dress. Lovely big room though.
        Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
        IMO the PH in Buenos Aires is spectacular. It's built into a historic palace with a beautiful garden. There's also a tower building with more modern styled rooms.
        Thanks for the recommendations, Wan1dap and MSPeconomist!

Looks like there are quite a few PH properties which should be on the vacation wishlist...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          Thanks for the recommendations, Wan1dap and MSPeconomist!

Looks like there are quite a few PH properties which should be on the vacation wishlist...
          Other impressive PHs include Vienna (new, and built into a stunning old building on a very pretty square that seems quiet for the center if the city). Some like the Washington (DC) PH, but while it's nice IMO, I wouldn't rave about it.

The PH Seoul is good, but it's a new and modern-style building next to COEX but without much else of interest nearby except for a large temple, although it is on top of a subway station (green line 4 IIRC, which does go to an area of tourist interest on the other side of the river). I find the top floor lobby and constant transferring between elevators to be annoying when the bell stand employees would easily watch who comes and goes in addition to the elevator key card access to floors for security.

I just stayed at the ICN GH. If you get to the airport via the new train/subway line or one of the limo buses, you need to go to the arrivals level (most of the buses drop you on departures level one floor up) and to either far end of the terminal (IIRC it's something like gates 3 or 14) to catch the free shuttle bus operated by the GH every 15 minutes, which drops you off at either building, right at the main lobby entrances. Alternatively you can go to either far end on the departures level for the white "free shuttle bus" every ten minutes. Its first stop is labelled as the Hyatt, but it really stops around the corner (with some current construction) from the entrance to the old building. The closest door involves about five steps up to a side entrance to the "8" restaurant. You then walk through the restaurant to the east building lobby with no more steps (assuming that you have luggage on wheels and look for the ramps between sections of the restaurant, which is a similar concept to that of the GH Singapore, it that it's a bunch of different themed/cuisined restaurants put together, in this case eight of them).

Soon, in a couple months, the new Incheon island monorail will be operating. It has a stop right at the corner of the old (east) building. The system was being tested this week, but it's supposedly a couple months from opening according to hotel staff. I have no idea what fares or schedules will be.
          Last edited by MSPeconomist; 22 April 2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
            I just stayed at the ICN GH. If you get to the airport via the new train/subway line or one of the limo buses, you need to go to the arrivals level (most of the buses drop you on departures level one floor up) and to either far end of the terminal (IIRC it's something like gates 3 or 14) to catch the free shuttle bus operated by the GH every 15 minutes, which drops you off at either building, right at the main lobby entrances. Alternatively you can go to either far end on the departures level for the white "free shuttle bus" every ten minutes. Its first stop is labelled as the Hyatt, but it really stops around the corner (with some current construction) from the entrance to the old building. The closest door involves about five steps up to a side entrance to the "8" restaurant. You then walk through the restaurant to the east building lobby with no more steps (assuming that you have luggage on wheels and look for the ramps between sections of the restaurant, which is a similar concept to that of the GH Singapore, it that it's a bunch of different themed/cuisined restaurants put together, in this case eight of them).
            Thanks, MSPeconomist! Very useful information. Will try staying at the GH Incheon on the last night of my stay on a future trip...

Comment

Wow! The prices at Timberhouse have gone UP! My daily bottle of Veuve used to be ₩85,000!

Thanks for the report and pictures, very detailed as usual. Despite being a Hyatt Diamond and a regular visitor to Korea I have never actually stayed there. I have stayed at the GH at ICN airport about a dozen times though. I have a stay booked at the PH Busan later this year.
              PHS is one of my favorite hotels on the planet. Worthy of the (ridiculous) 2 hour bus ride. And its location is the best in Seoul. I was going to check out the brand new FS, but then I saw where it was...

PH Busan I've heard is fantastic. This coming from numerous ex-PHS employees.

There are a number of great Park Hyatts around. The one in Sydney is fabulous due to the location and the actual property. Unfortunately some of the staff are d*ckheads but if you can ignore that it's a great place.

Despite strongly disliking the city itself I do like the PH Shanghai and the PH Saigon is excellent, although currently closed for a refurb. The PH Hamburg is one of my favourite hotels in Europe although it is not quite up to what it used to be I thought during a week stay there last year.
              +1

…and PHT is still a favorite -- even though the renovation is a dogfight and the hotel is now on the lower tier in the city.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
              X