Starwood Preferred Business Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starwood Preferred Business Program

Like to seek feedback from any of you out there whose company is enrolled in this program and how consistent these 2 benefits are:
    • An automatic upgrade to a Preferred Room at check-in.
    • The convenience of 4 p.m. late checkout.

http://www.starwoodpreferredbusiness.com/

The benefits seem very similar to SPG Gold. So I'll respond to this from an SPG G perspective.

Upgrade to Preferred Room: Each hotel has a very different interpretation of what's a 'Preferred Room.' A lot of properties simply put you in a regular room on the 'SPG Preferred Floor' - which is distinguished from other floors by the mere presence of a plastic signboard bearing that description. I believe the benefit is applied based on availability. I book into the cheapest rooms most of the time, and have nevertheless gotten upgraded to rooms of various locations and sizes, from big corner rooms, to rooms with nice views, to junior suites, as well as free upgrades to the Club level.

4pm late check out: Resort (quite obvious which are resort properties) and convention centre hotels (a bit trickier - generally located near convention centres, or ask SPG to make sure as certain hotels may declare themselves as convention centres if they are receiving huge groups of guests despite located nowhere near a convention centre) are excepted. Otherwise, this benefit is theoretically guaranteed. Be prepared to argue with some receptionists who tell you that it's subject to availability though. Often they'll try every trick in the book to deny you a 4pm check out. A call to Corporate Customer Service usually fixes this up (unless the hotel is actually excepted as detailed) as I believe the hotel can be fined for denying benefits.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 5 February 2007, 07:22 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The best benefit is the corporate negotiated SET code that comes along with it

Comment

Thanks KeithMEL

And yes Savage25, the rates are a bit more reasonable especially for W hotels when its your own dime.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Thanks KeithMEL

And yes Savage25, the rates are a bit more reasonable especially for W hotels when its your own dime.
          So is this beneficial to start using guys?? Any verdict here?

If your business doesn't have the 3 mandated travelers, what happens - any experiences?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
            So is this beneficial to start using guys?? Any verdict here?

If your business doesn't have the 3 mandated travelers, what happens - any experiences?
            I asked because my company has enrolled. Previously, my loyalty has been with Priority Club....which we have some a similar program like SPG, just that we get Gold automatically. Was just wondering if I should move over.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              I asked because my company has enrolled. Previously, my loyalty has been with Priority Club....which we have some a similar program like SPG, just that we get Gold automatically. Was just wondering if I should move over.
              SPG Gold/Business Preferred has more benefits than PC Gold.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

In my experience, HH Gold is a better Gold status than SPG Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  I agree. Real upgrades and usually a free breakfast

Comment

But PC has those 10K bonuses

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      I agree but (currently) HH Gold is far far easier to get than SPG Gold. A matter of minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X