Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore: Conrad or Mandarin Oriental

Hi all,

I have stayed at Conrad twice before on great HSBC credit card discounts and have great experiences. Room is huge with large TVs, and breakfast at Oscars is great. Now, I'm intending to book thru Hotelclub.com and wondering if I will get HH Gold benefits? I'm more concerned about the breakfast since I'll be travelling with my wife and my 3 years old son and it is just so much more convenient.

Another good deal that I can get is Mandarin Oriental which I have never stay before and not sure what to expect. However, breakfast is included in the rate.

Any valuable recommendations?

Thank you.

Aaron

p/s Both hotel rates are very similar

If you book through a third party then you generally will not get status benefits.

I like the Conrad, I've stayed there more than any other Singapore Hotel (although my stay last night was the first in the last half a dozen visits ) and generally get well looked after. However, I did notice a few subtle little cutbacks yesterday (smaller complimentary water bottles in room, less than half the magazine selection they used to have...) and due to them sending their laundry to the RC it is regularly delivered later than it should. You may also want to read Luke's recent thread about his problems there.

I have also stayed at the MO a few times and given the crieteria you list above, I would stay there on this occassion. It's a step up in quality from the Conrad so if the rates are similar, and you get breakfast, I would go for that.

Comment

Hi Man Flyer,

Thanks for the great advice. I booked the Mandarin Oriental Premier Ocean Room for about USD230 a night with breakfast included. I'm looking forward to my first MO experience and will report back here.

By the way, Conrad did confirmed via email that I would get HH Gold benefits eventhough booked from third party. Was told to email them the HH Gold membership to be tagged to the booking.

Regards,

Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by aaronx88 View Post
        Mandarin Oriental Premier Ocean Room
        I hope its just a simply a theme room. The MO certainly doesn't have an ocean view...bay view yes, ocean.....

BTW, Conrad's Jan sale is now on. Weekends can be had for as low as S$206.

Comment

Hi,

There are two views which MO can offer. One looking into marina bay which they call Harbour View and another one looking towards Singapore Flyer into the Singapore Strait which they call Ocean View. I believe sea view should be the more appropriate term.

Is the sale you refering to the ANY WEEKEND ANYWHERE sale? I checked on Hilton website and the rate comes up to SGD300 inclusive of taxes. The rate I got on MO is USD230 inclusive of taxes which is very similar. The MO booking can be cancelled without charges and the only disadvantages is there is no complimentary internet access since the MO deal comes with free breakfast and the room can be considered upgraded.

Thus, I think I will stick with the MO since I'm curious to see the offerings in MO and I can make a comparison when I'm there.

Thanks.

Aaron

Comment

Yes, I am refering to that sale.

Comment

Working...
            X