Langham XTD, Shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Langham XTD, Shanghai

If mods prefer this in Shanghai Hotels thread, please feel free to move.

My last trip to Shanghai in 2009, I posted these comments

At the entrance to XTD ( Starbucks end ), Conrad Hotel and Jumeirah Hotel stand unfinished.
    They have different owners with shared facilities and they are fighting over something so work has stopped.
    Can you imagine the tourists flocking to XTD during World Expo 2010 and seeing these unfinished hotels?
    I understand the Shanghai City Council is now "mediating".

The Conrad Hotel overlooking XTD

Well I'm back and the Conrad has now opened as Langham XTD and I stayed there en route to Hangzhou earlier this month

Langham, as viewed from XTD, is hotel on left. Hotel on right still being fitted out

Entrance to my room

Bed is Hyatt firmness. ( I now like W firmness ). Enjoyed sitting on the armchair by the window

The desk is made of glass and gives room a bigger feel

Bathrooms these days seem to be accessed from the bedroom and not the entrance ( though Langham has both entrances! )

Bathtub and great rain shower. Good water pressure

Twin sinks

Mini walk in wardrobe

I like this hotel for the views..

..of Xin Tian Di

.. and beyond

But ask for the right facing. The other side is uninteresting ( but Huai Hai Road is there )

Is Nepresso de rigeur these days? My first experience this trip. In Four Seasons Hangzhou too

Fresh cream in the fridge. Not the powdered stuff

Very good breakfast buffet. Everything you would expect and this..

They make la mien to order. Condiments in foreground. Wow!

Follow an S shaped path into the hotel. Reception on the right ( behind vertical slats ), bar & coffee house to the left

Looking back at the entrance, bar on left now

That's the Starbucks on XTD as viewed from the bar. Hotel has very good location

Busy hotel. Only opened since Oct 2010 I believe...
    Last edited by 9V-SIA; 26 May 2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X