• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#4 Oasia Hotel Downtown

Oasia Hotel Downtown
    Club Room

Next hotel I stayed in was the Oasia Hotel Downtown

Designed by noted architecture firm WOHA, the 27-storey 314-room Oasia Hotel Downtown is a breath of fresh air and welcomed greenery in Singapore’s Central Business District. A true respite in the city, the tropical skyscraper is refreshingly sleek inside, thanks to the modern functionalist style of architect and renowned designer, Patricia Urquiola.

The living, breathing vertical garden is a remarkable combination of lush foliage, copper, wood and stone. Filled with picturesque sky gardens, terraces and green screens, the hotel is as inviting to the flora and fauna as it is to visiting guests.

With welcoming breezes everywhere you go inside the property, and thoughtful spaces for you to relax, Oasia Hotel Downtown makes it easy to Refresh, Refuel and Recharge in the city.

As with the garden theme, the check-in lobby was open-aired with patios and garden.

As we were booked into the Club room, a printout of the club privileges was provided during check-in.

There was a separate lift to the club floors, with my 28sqm room at level 23.

Unwind from your travels and feel the day’s stress melt away with a soak in the bathtub. Stay hydrated with all-day non-alcoholic refreshments at the exclusive Club Lounge and Infinity Pool.

With complimentary in-room wellness drinks and natural bath amenities from Australian brand Biology, every stay in our sleek and modern Club Room is a revitalising treat.

Wardrobe with bathrobe, ironing facilities, slippers, umbrella and even a yoga mat!

Minibar area

No bottled water provided. You are encouraged to drink from the tap.

Nespresso coffees and TWG teas.

Complimentary Perrier and coconut juice in the fridge.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

At 28sqm, the room is average-sized. However it was simple and tastefully designed, and is cozy enough.

Sanitized remote.

Bathroom was separated into the wet area with shower and bathtub, and the dry washbasin and toilet.

Amenities by Biology.

View from the room was towards Chinatown and Civic District.

There are 3 hotel pools. 2 of the pools are at the rooftop and accessible to all guests.

My Travel Map

Comment

Rooftop pools area.

The main pool is located at the Club level, and only accessible by Club room guests.

View from pool edge

Lazing by the poolside as the water was really cold.

Club guests are entitled to a Happy hour either at the lounge area or at the poolside.

My Travel Map

Comment

Happy Hour alcohol selection

For the cocktail bites, we were offered buffalo wings, prawn cocktail and pistachio financiers. Cocktail of the day was a something like a mojito. Also had a TWG tea to go along.

Gym is located at the main check-in level. It is pretty small, though the mirrors made it looked bigger than reality.

For dinner, we headed out to the nearby Pince and Pints restaurants.

Checking out the Chinatown light-up after dinner as it was nearing Chinese New Year.

Back to the hotel, where the main pool was beautifully lit up.

The next morning, breakfast was served at the club lounge. We were allowed to select from a list of ala-carte choices. Not too much of a variety but was sufficient.

A decent stay at Oasia Downtown, at a good value for a club room with club benefits.

My Travel Map

Comment

#5 The Vagabond Club

The Vagabond Club
            Classic Room

The next staycation, in the month of Feb, was at the boutique hotel The Vagabond Club.

Housed in a vintage Art Deco building with interiors by Jacques Garcia, The Vagabond Club, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Singapore is your ideal choice for a 41-room luxury boutique hotel featuring one of the world's great whiskey bars. With a collection of a 1000 bottles of bespoke whiskies, and it's curated Artist-In-Residence programme, The Whiskey Library at The Vagabond Club offers you an unparalleled and unique experience you won't forget. Vagabond now also features the ever popular modern Chinese restaurant, Yellow Pot from the Duxton Reserve hotel.

Located in the heart of Singapore’s Central Heritage District, The Vagabond Club puts you within walking distance to the hottest landmarks and sights from the vibrant and colourful streets of Little India to Kampong Glam. If Serangoon or Haji Lane have filled your curiosity, walk to the Raffles Hotel, Bugis Junction or the amazing Atlas bar.

Hotel exterior, with the signature red fascade.

Seats for chilling out outside the hotel lobby.

Entering the hotel, to be greeted by golden elephant and tree, and a reception behind a golden rhino.

After checking in and explaining the details of our package, we headed to the room via corridors with 'interesting' painting decor.

For this stay, we booked the entry level Classic room.

Experience the undeniable allure of Singapore's premier boutique hotel when reserve a Classic Room at The Vagabond Club. Perfect for a romantic getaway or some relaxing me-time, your indulgent Central Heritage District accommodations feature everything you need to treat yourself to excess and bliss in one of Singapore's most luxurious hotels.

Entering the 24sqm room.

At 24sqm, the room was pretty compact and everything was designed to fit. Just beside the entrance was a wardrobe with in-built minibar.

My Travel Map

Comment

Complimentary in-room Nespresso coffee machine and tea making facilities

The room was fitted with a King-sized bed with cult Rosewood mattress.

Paintings above the headboard

Drinking water provided.

A 42 inch TV, radio and writing desk.

Compact bathroom area but well provisioned.

ETRO Milan bath amenities

My Travel Map

Comment

Shower stall on the left of the wash basin.

A separate toilet cubicle on the right.

View from the room.

The room package is inclusive of a set dinner and cocktails at Yellow Pot. Dinner venue is at the Executive Club Lounge, which also doubles up as the Yellow Pot restaurant.

Whether you’re looking to impress or unwind, you’ll find no better place to be than The Vagabond Executive Club Lounge. One of the most luxurious and high-touch Marriott Executive Lounge in Singapore, The Vagabond Executive Club Lounge boasts extensive benefits that Club Lounge guests can enjoy.

Relax in the evenings with outstanding hor d'oeuves, and perhaps treat yourself to a little extra and order a drink from our selection of bespoke gins and whiskeys.

The famed Whiskey Library

For a paid membership, you can get a personal whiskey locker with tasseled key to keep personal whiskey collection in The Whiskey Library vault.

My Travel Map

Comment

Set dinner menu

We could select 2 cocktails from the cocktail list as well.

Yellow pot ala-carte menu if you would prefer something out of the set menu.

Starting with Fried Lion's Mane with Avocado puree. This was very good.

The hot and sour soup was pretty ordinary.

Crispy Sichuan Chicken was very appetising, though we requested to moderate the spiciness as the server warned that the normal serving could be very spicy.

Accompanying the meal, we had the Charlie Chaplin Style, which was a light and refreshing cocktail.

And a pretty strong Spice Road for the seasoned drinkers.

Ending the dinner with a refreshing Lemongrass jelly.

The next morning, breakfast was served at the same venue. We were each entitled a main from the menu, though coffee/tea, fruits and bakery items are also provided.

We ordered the Full Breakfast and the Nasi Lemak. Portions were pretty generous and taste was good.

It was a unique experience staying at The Vagabond Club, with art-decor rooms and hotel interior and chilling away and the lounge. Not a place for kids, but would be a place to check out for a kids-free staycation.

My Travel Map

Comment

#6 Shangri La Hotel Singapore

Shangri La Hotel Singapore
                    Valley Wing Deluxe Room

Towards the end of February, I stayed at the Shangri La Hotel Singapore, which is one of the more popular high-end resort hotels in Singapore.

Upon arriving at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, you will leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind you.

Set amidst 15 acres of lush greenery, Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, is a place like no other. Consistently voted as one of the best hotels in the world, this is where the legendary Asian hospitality of Shangri-La began. The story continues with you.

With luxurious guestrooms and suites in three distinctive wings, and serviced apartments and residences in four-storey villas, this place is where you will find your own Shangri-La.

We welcome you to luxuriate in the acres of wonderfully landscaped gardens, relax poolside or pamper yourself at Singapore's first Chi, The Spa. As night falls, create the evening you desire with dinner at The Waterfall, The Line, or Shang Palace.

Arriving at the hotel, with the hotel lobby located at the Tower Wing. Tower Wing is currently used to house quarantined guests, but the lobby is is still operational to process other staycation guests. Staycation guests will be allocated rooms at Garden and Valley wings.

Very grand hotel lobby and Chinese New Year deco.

Check-in was fast as we arrived after the usual check-in timing. We were offered an upgrade from the original booked room at the Garden Wing, to a room at the luxurious Valley Wing (minus the benefits).

Hotel grounds has a resort-feel, away from the city hustle.

Behind the Garden Wing is a herb garden, as well as the family-oriented Splash Zone.

Heading over to our room at the Valley Wing.

The accommodation of choice for heads of states, captains of industries and luxury travellers, the Valley Wing epitomises lavish accommodation in Singapore. With 131 beautifully furnished guestrooms, including 26 suites, this elegant wing's exclusivity is experienced as soon as guests arrive through a separate entrance for a private arrival and departure at the Valley Wing lobby. Located within the same building is a private lounge reserved exclusively for Valley Wing guests. Breakfast is served at the Summit Room, while afternoon tea and evening cocktails are offered throughout the day at the elegant Champagne Bar.

We were allocated a 57Sqm Deluxe Room with pool view.

Located in the exclusive Valley Wing, guests may enter through a separate entrance for a private arrival and departure. The spacious Deluxe Room offers luxurious amenities, personalized services and generous privileges

Entering the room

My Travel Map

Comment

Upon entering the room was the minibar.

Complimentary fruits were offered.

Nespresso coffees and Shangri La branded teabags.

An elegant Wedgewood tea set was also provided.

Opposite of the minibar was the entrance to the wardrobe, dressing area and bathroom.

First time seeing a shoe box being offered in a hotel.

Into the huge bathroom

The very spacious bathroom had two sinks, a bathroom, and separate shower and toilet stalls.

Shower area

Toilet with classic bidet

Last edited by ycp81; 20 April 2021, 12:30 AM.

My Travel Map

Comment

Shangri La branded amenities provided.

However, bath amenities were by L'Occitane.

View of the spacious and elegant room. Check out the chandelier!

A care pack was provided.

And amazingly, there was a printer in the room as well.

Sunset view from the room.

There is an orchid greenhouse in the hotel, which was beautifully illuminated at night.

To mark the hotel’s 45th anniversary, The Orchid, a seven-metre tall open-air orchid greenhouse was specially designed to enhance and complement the unique green environment within 15 acres of gardens in the estate. The Orchid showcases the beauty of tropical orchids that have for long been at the forefront of our nation’s proud natural heritage.

The maiden collection, known as ‘A Floral Art Piece,’ comprises 32 hybrids belonging to the more popular genera, many of them selected for their respective robustness, variations and hues. Over 600 flowering plants have been arranged to present a stunning burst of rainbow colours when viewed from any angle in the interior.

However, as dinner was not included in the hotel package, we drove out (up to 3 parking coupons were provided per room for each stay) to another dinner place at Princess Terrace at Copthorne King's hotel.

Renowned for serving Singapore's Best Penang Buffet since the early 1970s, Princess Terrace restaurant serves a mouth-watering spread featuring authentic Penang delicacies prepared using fine ingredients and traditional cooking methods.

Princess Terrace Cafe’s cosy and nostalgic ambience transports one from the hustle and bustle of the city to a cultural food haven, living up to the reputation as one of the best buffet restaurants in Singapore.

We had the ala-carte Penang buffet, and enjoyed a Penang feast!

My Travel Map

Comment

Since we are at Shangri La, I would also like to share my visit to the hotel restaurant Waterfall Ristorante Italiano just a couple of weeks before this stay, on a Citibank promotion.

The freshest seafood, hand-me-down recipes and homemade pastas are what to expect at Waterfall Ristorante Italiano. Here, Southern Italian classics are served up with seasonal produce and sprinkles of la dolce vita. Located in the Garden Wing, the restaurant resembles a cosy Italian abode with intimate seating arrangements. Guests can enjoy their meals paired with a bottle from the extensive wine collection that takes them on a journey across Italy.

Starting with breads and tomato-based dip.

First course was a huge portion of Burrata and parma ham. Portion was definitely big enough for 2, but was served individually.

Second course was the Portobello mushroom soup. Thick and hearty.

Next was the Spaghetti with Boston lobster. By this time, I was already full.

For mains, we had both the Angus beef and Seabass in seafood stew. By then, there was no room for the dessert, which we requested to takeaway. It was an excellent and very filling dinner.

Checking out the private lobby and lounging area of the Valley Wing.

Hotel was beautifully lit up at night.

My Travel Map

Comment

Breakfast was served at The Line.

Breakfast items were offered ala-carte buffet style, with the standard offerings of egg dishes and local favourites.

Morning view of the pool area.

Checked out the health club and gym. There was a spa/jacuzzi area which was closed due to Covid.

The gym itself was well-sized and spacious, with sufficient equipment for a full workout.

The package also came with a Picnic in the Garden tea set. This was delivered to our room on request before checking out, and we had the unique experience of picnicing on the grass in Shangri La.

A resort-style stay at Shangri La right in the city center. It is no wonder Shangri La is one of the favourites if you want to seek a centrally located oasis in the city area.

My Travel Map

Comment

#7 Conrad Centennial Singapore

Conrad Centennial Singapore
                              Centennial King Suite

In the month of March, I made an impromptu booking at Conrad Centennial due to a very good weekday deal offered by one of the online travel agents.

A jewel in Marina Bay with 512 fully refurbished guestrooms and suites, Conrad Centennial Singapore is one of the city’s most esteemed addresses for business and leisure travellers. Well connected, the hotel is 20 minute drive from Changi International Airport and a three minute walk to the Promenade MRT station. Savour tantalising cuisines at our award-winning restaurants. From sumptuous International buffets at Oscar’s to exquisite Cantonese cuisine at Golden Peony, as well as indulging afternoon tea and delicious cocktails at our opulent Lobby Lounge, you will be spoilt for choice. For those with a sweet tooth, dainty cakes with gourmet coffee and tea at The Terrace are something not to be missed. The hotel is also a short walking distance to six shopping malls with over 1,000 shops and 400 restaurants; world-class attractions such as Gardens by the Bay, the Singapore Flyer, the National Gallery Singapore and museums.

Taking half day away from work, I arrived at the hotel at around 2pm. It was not busy and check-in was promptly processed.

Welcome letter. All the facilities can be booked via the QR code.

Our room was located at the 23rd floor.

Down the corridor to the room, which I booked into a Centennial King Suite at a great deal.

This modern 63 sq.m./680 sq. ft. suite with Asian accents, offers separate living area, bedroom and luxurious bathroom. Lounge on the long daybed by the window in the living room or rest in the cozy room with a king-sized bed.

The spacious marble bathroom includes a double vanity sink, large bathtub and separate shower stall with rain shower. Be spoiled for choice with Yukata or bathrobe, luxury-branded bathroom amenities and 15 types of pillows from our pillow menu. Be pampered with daily turndown, a well-stocked minibar and Nespresso coffee machine.

Enjoy access to the Executive Lounge on Level 31, daily breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks with hors d'oeuvres; as well as complimentary premium WiFi, local calls and 2 hours of meeting room usage (subject to availability).

Immediately upon entering the room was the minibar area.

Nespresso coffees and Ronnefeldt teas were offered. Snacks were chargeable.

Canned drinks in the fridge, which were chargeable as well.

Entering into the living room area, with a workdesk, long sofa, dining table and TV. Simple and cozy design.

My Travel Map

Comment

Complimentary cookies and snacks on the dining table.

View from the living room was towards the Suntec exhibition hall and beyond.

Further in was the bedroom with a comfortable King bed.

On the bed was placed a Conrad bear, yours to take home with.

Switches, socket, with a care kit placed on the bedside table.

Contents in the cute care kit.

Wardrobe with bathrobes, slippers and other amenities.

Dressing table with lit mirror and hairdryer.

Entering the opulent marble bathroom with double sinks. There were separate bathtub, shower and toilet.

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X