This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight status indicator at SIN

I read that the flight status indicator that someone sees in their flight leaving SIN can be misleading. For instance, when it says "Final Call," nobody is actually getting on the plane yet. Who thinks they are misleading?

Can you enter your gate's holding area before the "Boarding" indicator comes-out?

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
    I read that the flight status indicator that someone sees in their flight leaving SIN can be misleading. For instance, when it says "Final Call," nobody is actually getting on the plane yet. Who thinks they are misleading?

Can you enter your gate's holding area before the "Boarding" indicator comes-out?

Technically u can't since there will be no security clearance in place yet

Comment

They often put final boarding or closing well before it actually is so that people actually get there in time as opposed to dithering round the airport, especially on the A380s as there are so many people to get on the thing.

Comment

Do they close the holding area right before the passengers in it will actually board the aircraft?

Comment

As far as I know, gate status will start with "Gate Open", then "Boarding", then "Final Call".
          Yes, the indicator usually displays "Final Call" quite prematurely.

I can't see any purpose of this thread so closing it now.

Comment

Working...
          X