Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lounge/Left luggage/Check in at JNB

I have an odd request that i am hoping someone can help me with

I am arriving in JNB later this month on LX, and arriving at 1020 in the morning. I have an apppointment with a client a short drive away, then i am returning to the airport for a 1600 SAA C class flight down to CPT for dinner and another meeting.

I am wondering if there is any where (*a G lounge etc) where i can freshen up on arrival (quick shower), and if there is somewhere SAFE (knowing JNB reputation) to leave my case. I dont want to travel to my clients offices with a suitcase in tow, but i wondered how early i can check in my case at JNB for the flight to CPT.

I know i can book a "day room" at the intercontinental, which will save me the effort, but it I begrudge paying £150GBP for a shower and a left lugage !

Hoping someone might be able to help

Dukesy
    Last edited by dukesy; 10 February 2009, 12:32 AM. Reason: clarifying
    Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

AFAIK no arrivals lounge (except on SA and BA).

I don't remember seeing luggage storage at JNB international terminal. No idea if they have it at domestic.

Comment

You might well be able to check your luggage in to CPT on arrival at JNB. Try to through check it to CPT when you board the LX flight. It will be offloaded in JNB and you have to take it through customs, but then check it straight back with SA airside. They must be used to this since they require all transit bags coming from overseas to be collected and rechecked. I did something similar and it must have been easy because I was in a daze after not sleeping on an overnight flight from CAI.

Failing that, why not just take the suitcase to your meeting? It will make you look exotic and remind your clients you have gone to no small inconvenience to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        AFAIK no arrivals lounge (except on SA and BA).
        Yeah...thats what i was kinda wondering...as Im leaving a few hours later on SAA, was there anyway of swinging access to SAA Arrivals lounge, using either
        *A Gold card or SAA C class BP for later in day, or indeed a combination of both :-)
        Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Comment

No. Arrivals lounge access is not for *G arriving on another airline. The departure on SA is irrelevant - you already have access to the departures lounge.

Comment

Working...
          X