[SFO] VS - Clubhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SFO] VS - Clubhouse

Really nice lounge. Ask for the Blue Lagoon.

looking one way

...and looking the other way

Vanilla bean ice cream on top of warm apple cobbler
    Look at all those vanilla seeds! (well you may not see it) SO GOOD!

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post

Vanilla bean ice cream on top of warm apple cobbler
    Look at all those vanilla seeds! (well you may not see it) SO GOOD!
    Oh.............looks fabulous!

Comment

Has anyone used this place when flying SQ out of SFO ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Has anyone used this place when flying SQ out of SFO ?.
        Different terminal from SQ, so I don't think one can use it.

Comment

I have not made my effort to visit this lounge. Always in a rush when connecting at SFO. Thus drop the idea for VS lounge, except for my last flight with DFP when I had time from 6pm till midnight for that particular SQ 1 D.
          The VS lounge is not airside. There is a lift to go up to the mezzanine near the hallway to go to the USAir Satelitte. So basically you have to go to the opposite direction from where SQ check-in and security for gate 91-10s.
          Again, I am sure the opening time should depend on the VS flight schedule that day.
          Will check the openinng time next week when I am flying out SFO to FRA.

Note: I believe Lobster had visited this place last summer.

Comment

I most certainly did use it last summer. But I was on a VS flight not a SQ one. I think my flight left about 4pm and they were definitely shuting up when we left.

Anyway great lounge not as good as the LHR CH of course but a good range of food, waitress service and good views over the apron.

Comment

I know it's in a different terminal, that's why I was asking if anyone had used it. If it's not airside then that would make it easier to use then. I think it's worth investigating further, I'm going through SFO next month to ICN.

I believe this is (or at least was pre-LHR overhaul) the v-flyer lot's favourite VS CH.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer
                I know it's in a different terminal, that's why I was asking if anyone had used it. If it's not airside then that would make it easier to use then. I think it's worth investigating further, I'm going through SFO next month to ICN.

I believe this is (or at least was pre-LHR overhaul) the v-flyer lot's favourite VS CH.
                It's not really in a "different" terminal, exactly. When you check in (whatever aisle it is (4? 6?), instead of heading towards the G wing, do a 180? and head in the other direction to the A wing. Before you reach security, you'll see a little corridor on the left side, take the elevator up (4th floor), and it'll be there. (I think there may be a JAL lounge there as well but can't remember).

BTW I think the Clubhouse only opens some 3 hours prior to its only departure at 1620.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  Different terminal from SQ, so I don't think one can use it.
                  VS lounge is not airside, so its accessible after check-in. Just head to the A gates (IIRC), you've gotta take the lift. Just watch for the sign for the JAL lounge. I've posted in TOF, that I accessed the CH at SFO in Jul this year, flying SQ 15.

Lounge was great, good view of the tarmac. Pretty neat decor, something that you would expect from VS, having read lounge and trip reports. But no real foods when I was there. I remember having a salad and some cheese (which was quite a good assortment, actually). Took over 45 min for the salad to be done which I felt was a tad long, but I'm not complaining. Pity didn't have time to check out the SKL and the RCC as I was running late, though on hindsight, I should have just popped in the RCC for the drink chits. Was literally running over to the G gates for pre-boarding screening, and the SQ gate was like 89 which was all the way to the end.

Service was great, but don't recall having free internet computers. I remembered having 2 or 3 computers near the entrance, but you needed a uid and pw to login.

So, my opinion is the check in way early, just sthg to eat at the CH, then head over to RCC and SKL closer to departing time. Leave ample time for screening.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                    ..., and the SQ gate was like 89 which was all the way to the end.
                    A correction: Gate 89 is in domestic terminal. For the international terminal, the gates are 91 up to 100 something.

Comment

BTW I think the Clubhouse only opens some 3 hours prior to its only departure at 1620.
                      I have some time in SFO before SQ1 on Friday, but I'm not going to be turning up that early just to see the CH

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare
                        Service was great, but don't recall having free internet computers. I remembered having 2 or 3 computers near the entrance, but you needed a uid and pw to login.
                        There are three workstations to the right as you walk into the lounge. Yeah they're password-protected, but just ask the people at the counter (oh I wish I remember the name of that one wonderful - if slightly eccentric - British woman!) for the access.

Unfortunately, the Wi-Fi is pay-per-use (T-mobile IIRC).

But I highly recommend that you get some of the SWAG in the workstation area, and the local handmade postcards that are on the bar and tables around the tables. They're fantastic SF souvenirs!

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25
                          I have some time in SFO before SQ1 on Friday, but I'm not going to be turning up that early just to see the CH
                          Yeah I wouldn't show up some 12 hours beforehand either.

I'm a little surprised kaysquare said that he was able to access the Clubhouse for SQ15. I wonder if they open it specifically for SQ flights as well. At least we now know that it's available for use on VS20 and SQ15 so far. If they're open for SQ1, then that would be just grand.
                          Last edited by globetrekker84; 20 December 2006, 09:26 AM. Reason: Confused.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't show up some 12 hours beforehand either.

I'm a little surprised kaysquare said that she was able to access the Clubhouse for SQ15. I wonder if they open it specifically for SQ flights as well. At least we now know that it's available for use on VS20 and SQ15 so far. If they're open for SQ1, then that would be just grand.
                            gt84, kaysquare's a dude Had to point that out.

Yup, used that while flying SQ15, afternoon flight. Was lucky to guest a friend in as well. Didn't hit me to take pics of the lounge though.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                              A correction: Gate 89 is in domestic terminal. For the international terminal, the gates are 91 up to 100 something.
                              My bad... Can't remember the gate numbers at the far end. Then, it could be 100 something. Getting confused hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X