Singapore Tourist Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Tourist Pass

Singapore Tourist Pass and Public Transport Guide (TRAVEL WITH EASE) To Make Travel On Public Transport System a Cinch For Tourists

http://app.stb.gov.sg/asp/new/new03a.asp?id=7983

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) and the Singapore Tourism Board (STB)today officially launched the Singapore Tourist Pass (STP) and a Public Transport Guide for Tourists (The “Travel with Ease” Guide) – two new initiatives aimed at enhancing the visitors’ experience when commuting on Singapore’s public transport system.
    The Singapore Tourist Pass, produced by EZ-Link in collaboration with LTA and STB, is the only pass in Singapore that offers tourists unlimited rides on Singapore’s public transport system with the option of a 1-Day, 2-Day or 3-Day pass for just S$8 per day. With the STP, travelling on Singapore’s MRT, LRT and basic bus services becomes a cost-effective and convenient way for tourists to explore Singapore and enjoy the best the city has to offer.

STPs bought or issued in Singapore at authorised sales counters come with a refundable rental deposit of S$10 if the card is returned within five days of issuance. The card can be purchased or returned at designated Transitlink Ticket offices located at selected MRT stations. By the first half of 2008, the card can also be purchased or returned at the Singapore Visitor’s Centres located at Orchard Road and Changi Airport.

The STP can also function like a normal ez-link card so tourists can top up the value of the card and make payments at selected retail outlets. In addition, tourists can use the STP to enjoy a variety of special offers and discounts at selected merchants. When the STP validity period ends, tourists can continue to use the card just like a normal ez-link card by topping up the card with value or they can purchase a new pass.

I think this is an excellent idea. Singapore is a city that has always been very easy to get around in, but I think it's been a little bit of a hassle for visitors to have to look at the map for the fare and then buy a ticket every single time they wanted to ride the MRT, for example. I've always liked cities where I could buy a temporary pass that would allow me to ride public transportation like a local for a few days.

Comment

$8 for a day - that is terrific value!

Comment

cheap&easy- excellent!
        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by david747 View Post
          $8 for a day - that is terrific value!
          Indeed (although I note that it's stated to an introductory price).

Comment

Yes with the increasing fuel price and the taxi fee hike, i wont be surprised they increase the cost of the card very soon...
            A380 - European Pride!

Comment

Working...
            X