Singapore Airlines' Seasonal Charter Flights to PUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines' Seasonal Charter Flights to PUS

The post from Busan Gimhae International Airport's Facebook page popped out in my feed, and I was pleasantly surprised when I read it! They also have very nice pictures of -SRH on the tarmac!

It seems SQ is doing seasonal charters to PUS again?

I'm pretty sure there is enough business/premium demand to the Busan/Ulsan/Gyeongsang Province, so I was wondering if TG and CX can make PUS work, why can't SQ do scheduled flights to PUS even if it were 3x weekly? I understand that Singapore-Korea flights are limited through a bilateral treaty, and the last 3 "slots" are actually used by SQ for this seasonal route. This prevents any other Singaporean carrier to launch further flights to Korea. But it does seem wasteful by not using these slots wisely for scheduled flights.

From the 김해국제공항 Gimhae International Airport (PUS) Facebook Page.
    Please pardon my poor understanding of Korean for the Korean-English translation I made below. If there is anyone else who has a good command of Korean, please help translate if I made any errors!
    ———————————————————————
    안녕하세요 김해국제공항입니다.

싱가포르항공(SIA)에서 여름 시즌 중 부산(PUS)-싱가포르(SIN)간 부정기편을 운항하고 있습니다. 7월 20일부터 8월 13일중 총 7회에 걸쳐서 전세편이 부산과 싱가포르를 왕복하고 있습니다. 사진은 싱가포르 항공의 SQ8617편 B777 항공기 입니다.

이번 운항을 계기로 싱가포르 항공이 정식으로 김해공항에 취항하기를 기원합니다^^
    ———————————————————————
    Hello, this is Gimhae International Airport.

Singapore Airlines (SIA), for the summer season, is operating Busan (PUS) - Singapore (SIN) flights on a non-scheduled basis. Between July 20 and August 13, a total of seven round-trip charter flights would be conducted between Pusan ​​and Singapore. The photo attached is the B777 aircraft operating Singapore Airlines SQ8617.

This post is presented to you as Gimhae International Airport formally welcomes Singapore Airlines' flights to the airport. ^^
Working...
X