Garuda to move to Changi T3 from March 11, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
    Changi Airport can't be bothered by grouping alliance carriers here in SIN. They're all over the place here.

CX is moving in T3 because of their lounge in T1. If they move, they'll have to spend lots of money doing up another lounge.

They better start building T4 very soon at the rate things are going. TF has hinted that AirAsia Singapore is a very high possibility.
    CX doesn't have it's own lounge in SIN - they use the Skyview lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post

Wouldn't it be swell though for Garuda to carry all its SkyTeam siblings on its wings into T3? That way they can collectively invest in a proper SkyTeam lounge cuz I think both GA and CI currently use the Skyview lounge in T1 departures
      KLM and AF are also currentlhy using the Skyview Lounge in T1 which is designed with the CX concept in mine.

GA should have enough flight frequency to warrant its own lounge in SIN but I do not think it will happen for now because of the contract with JetQuay. Garuda has made the process of using JetQuay easy as well. Business Class passengers wanting to use JetQuay facility are now no longer required to pre-book with JetQuay and they could just show up and check in at the facility.

For those C and Garuda Frequent Flyer top tier passengers opting to check in at the main terminal, they are now given an invitation to use the Skyview lounge in T1. I am sure these passengers will be invited to the SATS lounge when the move is effective as of March 11, 2010.

Comment

Speaking of CX, why don't they use the BA/QF lounge? And with AY coming in next year, maybe even opening a OW lounge makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
          Speaking of CX, why don't they use the BA/QF lounge? And with AY coming in next year, maybe even opening a OW lounge makes sense?
          It must be the money

Comment

Originally posted by wktan81 View Post
            Maybe only temporary. tot that it is becoz of T1 upgrading.
            I believe it is true that they are moving airlines out of T1 because of the renovations. But GA would not be one of them as the move-out happened earlier with airlines like NH, AI, IC, IX, KE and OZ moving to T2. GA's move-out is probably an airline decision to use a "better" terminal, if I may use such a word. Besides, the space freed up at T1 will be used to accommodate expansion of the remaining airlines at T1 or given to new operators to Changi, and those airlines which have left will not return.

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
              Interested to see the allocation of gates for GA. Only A3/11/12/13/14/16/17/18/19 & B6 are listed as 737 gates.
              Once the 77Ws start to arrive Q2 2012, I believe GA may also fly a few of them and a few of its A332s (especially the A332s) to SIN just to compete with SQ.
              Last edited by UMD; 2 January 2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Actually my experience with T3 is the first bags delivery to belt to consistently slower then T2.

I believe T3 and T2 is run by differeent ground services company ?

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                  Actually my experience with T3 is the first bags delivery to belt to consistently slower then T2.

I believe T3 and T2 is run by differeent ground services company ?
                  Depends which airlines you are using. For SQ, they use SATS ground handler for both T2 and T3 services. List of ground handling agent can be found here http://www.changiairport.com/flight-...serving-changi

Comment

Seem's like these few day's GA have been sending their 747 almost everyday. Is it a charter flight or one of the 738 flights being upgraded ?

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                      Seem's like these few day's GA have been sending their 747 almost everyday. Is it a charter flight or one of the 738 flights being upgraded ?
                      Extra flights to cater for year end holiday makers from Indonesia. I understand that these flights end today.

Comment

I know what to say about this. But the irony is that *A which has a base in SIN is the least disciplined of the alliances as far as terminal assignments are concerned. OW and Sky have relatively stable terminal assignments being mostly in T1. *A carriers are all over the place. With GA moving into T3 and the SkyTeam, it may shackle that image of SkyTeam's stability in terminal assignments.

Comment

Maybe because T1 is becoming more of a high-class budget terminal. Just count the number of budget airline flights (AirAsia, Jetstar, Valuair, Lionair) arriving at T1 vs full-service carriers each day. Even T2 is gradually being "budgetised" with airlines like Air India Express, Mandala, Batavia, Sriwijaya, Airphil Express etc.
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Seems like its time to built T4

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                              Maybe because T1 is becoming more of a high-class budget terminal. Just count the number of budget airline flights (AirAsia, Jetstar, Valuair, Lionair) arriving at T1 vs full-service carriers each day. Even T2 is gradually being "budgetised" with airlines like Air India Express, Mandala, Batavia, Sriwijaya, Airphil Express etc.
                              Agreed with this. During the afternoon, T1 always packed with Jetstar, AirAsia and Lion. There are too many budget carrier during this period. When I went few times for plane spotting, my impression is that T1 is almost like budget terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                                I think 2P is in T2 because its "sister" carrier PR operates out of there. Same story with JQ/3K and QF. But I'm thinking that T1 is overcrowded with budget carriers which may be good for some passengers but maybe not for the image of T1. I was thinking why build a BT in the first place if LCCs are crowding T1 which somehow forces GA to go somewhere else? Only 5 LCCs are using the BT.

Comment

Working...
                                X