Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day rooms in SIN?

Folks,

Sorry if this has already been covered. Does anyone have any suggestions for a day room in Singapore? I have a nine hour stopover tomorrow and would like to take the opportunity for a bit of shopping, rest and a shower rather than hanging around Changi all day.

Howard

Depending on what you are looking for though!
    I know that MAN Flyer occasionally use Le Meridien (old facilities) but enough for day stay and to fatten up his SPG points. I have done something on the extreme side which might be not your cup of tea.

May be you should do something different! Leave most carry-on at Changi T3. Relax in one of the spa place. Mandara Spa. Then go shopping. And go back to Changi for shower before the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Long View Post
      Folks,

Sorry if this has already been covered. Does anyone have any suggestions for a day room in Singapore?
      Howard
      Hi Howard,
      I would recommend Hotel 81 Bencolen.
      http://www.hotel81.com.sg

Very good location near Orchard Road.
      I think the price is about S$60.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Depending on what you are looking for though!
        Leave most carry-on at Changi T3. flight.

Where can you leave carry on at.. is there lockers or something? About to do a similiar thing and head out og Changi to visit the city..if I can off load my back pack as well I will be happy.. where? and How much?

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
          Where can you leave carry on at.. is there lockers or something? About to do a similiar thing and head out og Changi to visit the city..if I can off load my back pack as well I will be happy.. where? and How much?
          There are LEFT LUGGAGE counters, airside as well as landside.
          For T3, the airside left luggage is located near the staff entrance, near Transfer Desk B or Gate B. (Note: It used to be the coldest at the airport, but now it's getting better. I guess the airport authority has found the source of the cold).
          Landside, the left luggage is at Basement 2. Same level as Kopi Tiam (food court).

Rates? Forgot precisely how much. But I think it was something like SGD 5 per day for my rollabag.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            There are LEFT LUGGAGE counters, airside as well as landside.
            For T3, the airside left luggage is located near the staff entrance, near Transfer Desk B or Gate B. (Note: It used to be the coldest at the airport, but now it's getting better. I guess the airport authority has found the source of the cold).
            Landside, the left luggage is at Basement 2. Same level as Kopi Tiam (food court).

Rates? Forgot precisely how much. But I think it was something like SGD 5 per day for my rollabag.
            Excellent... thanks for that!

Comment

You could also check in any bags you want to leave at the airport, providing you're leaving within 48 hours... see http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...in/airport.jsp

Counter Check-In
              For Singapore Changi Airport, customers holding confirmed flight reservations on Singapore Airlines may check in up to 48 hours before flight departure with their baggage.

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions for a day room in Singapore? I have a nine hour stopover tomorrow and would like to take the opportunity for a bit of shopping, rest and a shower rather than hanging around Changi all day.
                Singapore is so small that any hotel in town should be fine. Just pick a hotel you like with check-out at a time which suits you.

If your flight departs in the evening, you might want to consider a club room at the Mandarin Oriental which gives 8pm check-out as standard. The lounge ain't bad either.

Comment

I slummed it at the Ritz-Carlton in the end. Full on service, with a pick up on a buggy from the gate to the CIP immigration and lounge area! Not sure about the benefit of this: the buggy ended up travelling through all three terminals to get to the CIP immigration. By the time you've done this, I probably would have made it through the normal immigration.

They also pick up the bags (if you have any) for you from the carousel.

Plus five hours of quality kip.

Cheers, Howard

Comment

I slummed it at the Ritz-Carlton in the end. Full on service, with a pick up on a buggy from the gate to the CIP immigration and lounge area! Not sure about the benefit of this: the buggy ended up travelling through all three terminals to get to the CIP immigration. By the time you've done this, I probably would have made it through the normal immigration.

They also pick up the bags (if you have any) for you from the carousel.

Plus five hours of quality kip.

Cheers, Howard
                    I knew there was an altogether more fabulous way of doing a 5-hour transit nap than all the glitz and glamour of the Ambassador Transit Hotel...

"Slummed it" at the R-C in the same way as you "slum it" in the Suites?

Comment

Working...
                    X