Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Passport Control/Checkin at Terminal Different from Actual Dep/Arr Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Passport Control/Checkin at Terminal Different from Actual Dep/Arr Terminal

If I don't have any hold/check-in luggage and I my flight lands at T2, can I use passport control at T3? On the flipside, if my SQ flight departs from T2 will I be allowed to check-in at SQ's T3 facilities?

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
    If I don't have any hold/check-in luggage and I my flight lands at T2, can I use passport control at T3? On the flipside, if my SQ flight departs from T2 will I be allowed to check-in at SQ's T3 facilities?

For your first question, you can use passport control at T3. I tried it before.

Your second question, No, I tried before and was told to go to T2 to check in. Once you have check into T2, you can take the Skytrain to T3 to enjoy the facilities, if you are holding J class ticket or have status, you can use T3 lounges too as long as you are not late for your flight at T2.

Comment

So it means I can clear passport control leaving SG at T3 once check-in at T2 is complete? Also, if I have check-in luggage, I'm guessing the answer is no as it will be impossible to go to the baggage area of the terminal where my flight actually arrived?

Comment

So it means I can clear passport control leaving SG at T3 once check-in at T2 is complete? Also, if I have check-in luggage, I'm guessing the answer is no as it will be impossible to go to the baggage area of the terminal where my flight actually arrived?
        No no, check in at T2 and clear passport control at T2 is the only way, cannot clear passport control at T3, what I meant was after clearing passport control at T2, you can take the Skytrain from transit area inside to T3 to enjoy the facilities at T3.

Comment

Check my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y-XQJg0KAg
          Last edited by manray_yvr; 19 March 2010, 10:26 AM. Reason: typo error

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
            No no, check in at T2 and clear passport control at T2 is the only way, cannot clear passport control at T3, what I meant was after clearing passport control at T2, you can take the Skytrain from transit area inside to T3 to enjoy the facilities at T3.
            So that means if you have no luggage to check-in and won't be interacting with someone from the check-in counter because you completed check-in online, you must still proceed to passport control at the terminal where your flight actually departs at before enjoying the airside facilities of other terminals?

Comment

I'm assuming you are flying SQ? If so, your OLCI print-out will still need to be validated (i.e stamped) by one of the ground staff landside. They will check your passport just to make sure your name matches that of the print-out (amongst other checks). So at the end of the day, you will still need to communicate with someone prior to clearing immigration.
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I've gone in at T3 when my flight departs from T2. No luggage checked-in, it is possible. But some SQ check-in agents I find are fussy and will tell you no. This was mid-last year. I got the BP issued at T3 also and I was flying on an SQ J ticket.

I also recall that wasn't the case two years ago - the T3 SQ check-in agents just strictly told me to go via T2.

If I had to guess, I'd say it is allowed but your mileage may vary.

Also, I vote for this side-topic to be granted a thread of its own. It's more specific than just 'T3 Terminal User Experiences'..

Comment

I just didn't know where to place my question. But at least you are telling your experiences to enlighten, and warn prospective overexcited passengers.

Comment

I just didn't know where to place my question.
                    I think we may have to look into giving you a thread of your own and put them all in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X