Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ12 or SQ11

Hi All,
    I am keen to fly SIN-LAX-SIN and try either of sectors in both First and Business. Both sectors involve travel through Narita.
    LAX-SIN is the longer flight because of the headwinds.
    Which would be recommended for First and for Business?
    Secondly, are there other SQ sectors using B747 requiring low F award mileage?
    f

Originally posted by Foreigner View Post
    Hi All,
    I am keen to fly SIN-LAX-SIN and try either of sectors in both First and Business. Both sectors involve travel through Narita.
    LAX-SIN is the longer flight because of the headwinds.
    Which would be recommended for First and for Business?
    Secondly, are there other SQ sectors using B747 requiring low F award mileage?
    f
    I would depart SQ 12 from Singapore on First Class, & SQ 11 on Business Class.

Reason being you can enjoy The Private Room (TPR) Access at Silverkris Lounge at Changi Terminal 3 on SQ12, which is popular among frequent flyers here. It is worth going in for once, trust me.

The other SQ sector using the B747 will be SIN-FRA-JFK (SQ26/25). About requiring low F mileage, I am unclear about this, will let others comment.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
      I would depart SQ 12 from Singapore on First Class, & SQ 11 on Business Class.

Reason being you can enjoy The Private Room (TPR) Access at Silverkris Lounge at Changi Terminal 3 on SQ12, which is popular among frequent flyers here. It is worth going in for once, trust me.

The other SQ sector using the B747 will be SIN-FRA-JFK (SQ26/25). About requiring low F mileage, I am unclear about this, will let others comment.
      Thank you. TPR looks very special though I feel it will be eerily quiet and lonely there. But worth going in once, as you say.

Is there possibiity of using either F or J lounges on arrival?

Comment

Originally posted by Foreigner View Post
        Thank you. TPR looks very special though I feel it will be eerily quiet and lonely there. But worth going in once, as you say.

Is there possibiity of using either F or J lounges on arrival?
        No chance of having any F or J lounges upon arrival I am afraid.

The only flight which you can enjoy that would be on SQ322 upon arrival to London Heathrow Virgin Atlantic Revivals lounge & you got to be a Solitare member.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
          No chance of having any F or J lounges upon arrival I am afraid.

The only flight which you can enjoy that would be on SQ322 upon arrival to London Heathrow Virgin Atlantic Revivals lounge & you got to be a Solitare member.
          Aah...I just have mileage with SQ, built with Westpac-Krisflyer cards.

The westerly trip LAX-SIN is considerably longer, timewise. So TPR aside, I wonder would taking F make more sense?

Comment

Just go F all the way. Take C on your employer's dime when they won't pay for F.

Comment

I would do the SIN-LAX in J and LAX-SIN in F as the more time spent in F the better. But feb01mel is right about the First class lounge and you would miss this. But you can use the Business lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
                I would do the SIN-LAX in J and LAX-SIN in F as the more time spent in F the better. But feb01mel is right about the First class lounge and you would miss this. But you can use the Business lounge.
                Thank you and I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by bmchris View Post
                  Just go F all the way.
                  +1

Comment

Working...
                  X