First trip report (with photos): SIN-SUB on MI Business Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First trip report (with photos): SIN-SUB on MI Business Class

Well, this is my first attempt at writing a trip report. So, hopefully you guys enjoy the pics As I have mentioned in another thread, this is my first flight for PPS qualification which I hope to get by end of the year.

I went to the airport after some work in the morning and the weather was pretty hot in Singapore last Saturday. Once at the airport, I checked-in at MI Business Class counter. Everything was smooth and off I went to the lounge. MI Business Class passengers are not entitled to the SKL Lounge, so, I can only take a pic and hope to be there next month .

I had some red wines at the SATS Premier Lounge and just sat there waiting for the boarding time.

Last edited by YK@HKG; 28 January 2007, 11:57 AM.

30-40 mins before the flight time, I went to the gate. It was surprisingly quite packed and I waited for quite some time before I can clear the security section and enter the gate.

Boarding was smooth and the Business Class section was quite filled up with 11 out of 16 seats all taken up. I was assigned to 3C and was lucky to get an empty seat next to me. Sitting in front and besides me were all Solitaire members (Indonesians)

MI's Business Class seat is quite comfortable for a short-haul flight. The seat-pitch is wide enough as well.

This is my seat:

Here's another pic of me in reclining position:

No champagne served on MI, no PTV as well for short-haul flight. The FA told me that PTVs will be available for long-haul flights (like to Chengdu). Food was very good. I had nasi kuning with chicken.

After the meals, I decide to have some photos taken with the FAs:

After the photo session, I returned to my seat and continued to listen to my Ipod. Flight time was about 2-hrs and there was no turbulence on the way to SUB. Immigration was surprisingly smooth at the new Juanda International Airport and it took me just 15 mins to disembark and leave the airport

Overall, it was a very nice trip, with good food and nice FAs.

Comment

Good first report Hopefully you will start going photo galore like me in the future

Comment

Awesome, the food looks quite yummy! How long was the flight>

Comment

Great report - just as suggestion - perhaps you could resize the pics to 640x480 for quicker loading ?

Comment

Great report. Keep it up!
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement. I will definitely post more of my trips (if I have the time to write them of course )

Now for the return trip. I arrived in the new Juanda International Airport pretty early...way before the check-in counter opened up. My impression about the new airport: very new, slightly small (compared to CGK), but definitely better than the old Juanda! MI has a dedicated check-in counter, with other international carriers like Cathay, Air Asia, some Middle-Eastern airlines, Malaysia Airlines, etc.

I waited for half an hour before the check-in counter finally opened. Got my boarding pass with the same seat as the previous trip (3C) and again, I requested the window seat to be blocked. After check-in, I proceeded to get my fiscal waiver and luckily not many ppl were queuing up at that time. This process can get a little bit lengthy at CGK, esp if you are travelling post the holiday season back to SIN. Immigration was also smooth with only 2 ppl in front of me and off I went to the Lounge. I forgot the name of the lounge, but, it looks like access is pretty easy as long as you have a gold credit card from some local banks.

Not much things at the lounge, compared to the SKL lounge in HKG or the SATS Premier Lounge in SIN. So, I only requested for the internet connection at the only desktop computer in the lounge. Soon enough, time passed and it was time for boarding.

This time, the business class section only had 5 ppl. Food was not as good as previously, but, I still finished it Only this time, I had more drinks...2 gin tonic...and 2 small bottles of red and white wine. No wonder I felt tipsy during the later part of the flight and on the taxi ride to my home in SIN

Again, the weather was nice throughout the entire flight with clear skies. I even managed to take this picture of the stars.

I also had more several nice photos taken with the FAs. I especially like the last one...young and cute! What do you guys think? Hehe...

The 2-hrs flight ended pretty fast and once again, I was satisfied with the service provided by MI. I will definitely travel more on MI to SUB this year.
              So, that concludes the trip report. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Comment

Incidentally, those PTV's are stand alone units called DigE-players. Lousy things as i can never get the volume up high enough. Either that or I'm deaf.

Comment

Nice trip report, YK@HKG. Thanks!
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Incidentally, those PTV's are stand alone units called DigE-players. Lousy things as i can never get the volume up high enough. Either that or I'm deaf.
                    Well...I might try one of those PTV's on my trip to Chengdu this July.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, YK@HKG. What did you do in SUB? Spend overnight there?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                        Thanks for sharing, YK@HKG. What did you do in SUB? Spend overnight there?
                        I have my mom's family member in SUB, so, I just spent the weekend there to visit them. It has been 2.5 years since I was in SUB. I also need to attend to some personal matter there last week

Comment

Many Thanks for sharing. I've never flown MI so your TR was

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                          I especially like the last one...young and cute! What do you guys think? Hehe...
                          I see that's yr avatar now

Comment

Thanks for the report.
                            I took MI once. It's not SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                              Thanks for the report.
                              I took MI once. It's not SQ.
                              True, but CGK, don't be so harsh ... I tried MI J once and in my opinion, it is better than MH F.

Comment

Working...
                              X