No announcement yet.

SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ318/319 to LHR is being operated by 9V-SNB a 77WR instead of a 77WN.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
      Not me but I've had PEY op up to J due to change of equipment - FYI
      Out of curiosity, which route? PVG has gotten it a lot now and then including this Monday where it got SNB after it overnighted after its 319 flight from LHR.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Out of curiosity, which route? PVG has gotten it a lot now and then including this Monday where it got SNB after it overnighted after its 319 flight from LHR.
        Got the op up from PEY to J from PVG-SIN as there was a metal-switch from an A380 with PEY to one without. This was earlier this year.
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
          Got the op up from PEY to J from PVG-SIN as there was a metal-switch from an A380 with PEY to one without. This was earlier this year.
          Mine happened in Dec last year. Same scenario as you

I've had really bad luck with SQ PEY, booked 3 times on 3 seperate occasions and all 3 times did not get due to PEY roll out issues. Gave up hope on SQ PEY

Comment

Mine happened in Dec last year. Same scenario as you

I've had really bad luck with SQ PEY, booked 3 times on 3 seperate occasions and all 3 times did not get due to PEY roll out issues. Gave up hope on SQ PEY
            I wouldnt call an op-up bad luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
              I wouldnt call an op-up bad luck.
              Sorry forgot to mention the op up was only once the other times nothing.

Comment

Sorry forgot to mention the op up was only once the other times nothing.
                What did they offer you when you weren't shifted to J and the PEY failed to materialise?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  What did they offer you when you weren't shifted to J and the PEY failed to materialise?
                  Actually nothing much but a refund. So I just self upgraded to J on my own accord as I have quite a fair bit of miles. I hate to go thru the process. I know a lot folks out there would say I'm dumb but I just say I'm numb.

Comment

Actually nothing much but a refund. So I just self upgraded to J on my own accord as I have quite a fair bit of miles. I hate to go thru the process. I know a lot folks out there would say I'm dumb but I just say I'm numb.
                    I noticed the switch when I was trying to do an OLCI and was only able to select normal economy seats.. Called SQ up and they said they would check and get back to me. Half an hour later I got the call and was told they would give me a seat in J.
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Just got off 9V-SWA on SQ11 and I wander into the Premium Economy cabin during mid flight and saw that there is only ONE passenger. Any Premium Exonomy regulars here can share their recent experience (especially now that S fare are more realistically priced compared to their initial launch) about is there something that SQ could have done or missed that can improve the acceptance of the PEY product?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
                        Just got off 9V-SWA on SQ11 and I wander into the Premium Economy cabin during mid flight and saw that there is only ONE passenger. Any Premium Exonomy regulars here can share their recent experience (especially now that S fare are more realistically priced compared to their initial launch) about is there something that SQ could have done or missed that can improve the acceptance of the PEY product?
                        The product itself is great especially for flights beyond 6-7 hours. IMHO, it's the price that is the problem. Too high to entice Y pax to bump up especially when it is twice the Y fare. There's also competition out there offering PEY, and many are significantly lower than SQ.

Let me quote an example I recently researched. I was planning a flight for my wife and I to SEA this summer. There were two options with PEY seats. First, SIN-SFO direct on SQ and then a domestic to SEA. That cost S$3.6K/pax just on the SQ leg. Second, SIN-TPE-SEA on BR. The cost is S$2.6K/pax. Both flights require a stopover. The $1K difference per pax is significant - could easily fund a couple of oyster/Alaskan crab meals.

Comment

• I couldn't agree more that the hard product seems an edge above its competition. As for the price point,I still believe that there is some value proposition above its competitors (eg. Better timings/connections,catering etc). I am currently on 9V-SNC (SQ326) and I will have a peep at PEY after the lights are off and let's hope the loads are better!

Comment

• My wife and I flew PEY on SQ335 CDG-SIN on NYE. Full or almost full IIRC. But that's prolly the festive/skool hols season.

Comment

• Landed on SQ25 this morning and every PEY seat was filled from FRA to SIN. PerHaps it's station specific/day specific

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
                                Landed on SQ25 this morning and every PEY seat was filled from FRA to SIN. PerHaps it's station specific/day specific
                                The question is how many of these pax actually paid the full fare for the PY seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X