1st TR:Whirlwind Trip to Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st TR:Whirlwind Trip to Europe

Hey guys! Always wanted to do this, but didn't have the guts to do so. First TR so please be gentle Gaps, here goes....

Trip Background

So this trip was way back in March this year after my ORDing and it was a 29 day whirlwind trip through 3 countries in Europe

Flight Routing (Courtesy of GC maps)

Flight No. 1: SIN-FCO
    10th March 2016 SQ366

I guess out of the excitement of being set free in the airport, I totally forgot to take any photos of Changi until I cleared immigration and went to the Ambassador Transit Lounge at T3, which I went to only due to a free voucher I had from a staycation before this trip.

Some quick shots of the lounge. Pretty standard buffet spread considering it was close to 10pm then, but there wasn't a single drop of alcohol to be found (no matter, would be having drinks on board anyway.) Had a quick bite, then went in search of some last minute shopping at the enormous DFS complex at T3.

So, was walking along the 2nd floor of the spirits duplex store when surprise, surprise, there was the fabled Raffles long bar and their tasting size of Singapore Sling. (Pardon the snapchat quality of photos!)

At T-45, I took the long stroll to either gate A20 or A21. My ride today was the ancient retrofitted 777-200ER.

My seat for the next 12hours

Obligatory leg room shot

While being old, I think this seat is still rather comfortable, maybe even more than seats on CX!

*side track: while checking in, to my joy, the flight was very very empty, i would say 30-50% full, to the extent that as far as I could see, everyone had a row to themselves.

Poor man's J seat, i'm not complaining!

Taxi to runway featuring the iconic changi golf ball high in the background

We have lift-off!

Menu and drinks list on this supper service

[

Knowing I would have an entire month of western cuisine, I chose the salt chicken.

Presentation wise, definitely wasnt that good, but oh my, it tasted off. IDK was it due to me being newly "liberated" from the constant army food or was it really that good

Knocked out soon after the meal, given how my plan was to sleep this whole flight and "trick my body" that daylight was a mere 6hrs away, not 11.

Stay tune to the rest of the report! And also, please do give comments on how to improve!

To be continued....

Comment

Great start, flyboywannabe! Looking forward to the rest...

Comment

Working...
      X